TvServer controll application (1 Viewer)

lar282

Portal Pro
July 11, 2004
Hi
Just wondering if anybody already wrote an applicaion to control the tvserver remotely(or locally). Just looking for basic commands like start TS, StopTS and change channel. Seems foolish to write something if somebody already did it.

//Lasse

chenks

Portal Pro
May 22, 2006
Scotland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
a local application comes with the tvserver download.
look in the start menu - it's there already.

"manual control" lets you start and stop TS, and you can change the channel there also.

lar282

Portal Pro
July 11, 2004
thanks for the tip, but I ment a app that I can send parameters into so I can control it. So if I use vlc or zoompalyer I can chenge channel.

//Lasse

gstone

Portal Member
November 29, 2006
lar... did you find an answer to your question? I am trying to build a vb app that has vlc in it and would like to be able to start a stream and control the channels.

yuvalrakavy

December 2, 2006
Home Country
Israel Israel
If you can use .NET Remoting you can control TVServer

Hi!

Tv Server and MP Tv Plug-in uses .NET remoteing for communication. So if you write .NET application that use .NET remoting you can control TV server your self.

There is somewhere a documentation on the TV sever Wiki on the TV server object model.

So write a C# (or VB.Net) application that take command line of your choice and uses and controls TvServer my using the remoted objects. You can also easily expose your C# application as COM object and control it from any application that can manipulate COM objects (VB6/Office or whatever)

Another cool option (I didn't try it, but it should work) is to use Microsoft Powershell scripting to directly control Tv Server.

Hope this help,
Yuval

f0rmula

Portal Pro
January 25, 2006
Cambridge
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hang on a sec...

Is the way that it communicates with the server purely through .NET? I mean, are the things that are sent through the TCP/IP socket weirdly encoded .NET objects?

Just a thought, but if not, surely you should be able to easily stream and control TV to any OS with an rtsp player available.... Just write a channel changer for that OS.

Also, on Linux you have Mono, which is by many accounts is actually quite good. Could I knock something up to just change channels using that, if a degree of .NET is required.

Cheers,

James

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom