TVServer crash on start after MySQL update from 8.0.28 to 8.0.29 (1 Viewer)

Andy_2639

Portal Member
February 25, 2017
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
I updated my MySQL server from 8.0.28 to 8.0.29 and now the tvservice crashes on start. The attached log doesn't give me a clue what's going wrong.
This affects MediaPortal 1.29 and 1.30 Pre-Release.

I did a packet capture of the communication with the tvservice and MySQL but cannot see anything obviously wrong there, too - however, I don't know the normal communication pattern between these two programs.

Currently, I'm running MySQL 8.0.29 for everything but MediaPortal and a second MySQL installation (8.0.28) on a different port for the MediaPortal tvservice. TVSetup doesn't respect the port setting in the gentle.config and tries to connect to my MySQL 8.0.29 instance.
On MediaPortal update, this caused the DbSetup dialog to appear - in which I cannot change the port. But it seems that DbSetup is able to communicate with my MySQL 8.0.29 instance after I setup the mediaportal user and DB!

So DbSetup and TVSetup isn't able to communicate with a MySQL instance on non-default port.
TVService isn't able to worh with MySQL 8.0.29 (but does work with 8.0.28).

Attachments

• TVService.log
    975 bytes

Andy_2639

Portal Member
February 25, 2017
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
I tried to switch to mariadb-10.6.8-winx64.msi - but still the same error: tvservice cannot start.

Attachments

• TVService.1.log
    975 bytes

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I tried to switch to mariadb-10.6.8-winx64.msi - but still the same error: tvservice cannot start.
    I am not an SQL expert, nor a TV Server expert. However, the user in this thread tried to use MariaDB. It might be worth readng if you have not already done so.

In your log file, the penultimate line is:

TvDatabase.TvBusinessLayer.GetSetting(String tagName, String defaultValue)

which suggests to me that some part of TV Server was trying to read a setting from an XML profile. Perhaps the profile for the "Gentle" component (whatever that is) is missing or corrupt. The user in this thread had a problem with the "Gentle.config" becoming corrupt. Maybe similar to your problem?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Although I don't use MP1 any longer, I suspect that your "new" system received also a new IP address. You either need to assign the same previous IP address to your PC or edit the TV database using a SQL editor. The MP1 Wiki is somewhere describing these steps, but here is a quick description what to do: Thanks guys I could edit that...
    Although I don't use MP1 any longer, I suspect that your "new" system received also a new IP address. You either need to assign the...
    Hello folks, I have only just got around to updating my Windows 7 HTPC to Windows 10, MP was running normally in Windows7, now...
    Replies
    Views
    I just found this: On the German page of the PCTV application (only on the German page and not on the driver pages :rolleyes:): TVC 6.4.8 Download (pctvsystems.com) My English translation: I didn't test it because I already switched to another TV card (so I found this piece of information to late) but maybe this can help others...
    I just found this: On the German page of the PCTV application (only on the German page and not on the driver pages :rolleyes:)...
    Hello Yesterday, I updated my computer running MediaPortal Client and TVServer (and also occasionally providing another laptop...
    Replies
    Views
    I tested this on my Intel Core i7-4785T on a MSI Z97 Gaming 7 mainboard. With the Intel HD Graphics driver version 15.40.47.5166, MediaPortal crashes when I try to play MPEG2 (SD) recordings/live TV. With H.264 (HD) ts files or live TV, it works. I also tested it with...
    I tested this on my Intel Core i7-4785T on a MSI Z97 Gaming 7 mainboard. With the Intel HD Graphics driver version 15.40.47.5166...
    Hello everyone. I've run into this issue recently on 2x systems that I manage for friends and family. Both run MP 1.25 using the...
    Replies
    Views
    It worked! Thank you! MePo2 Configuration window instantly came up and is running after installing the Windows Server Essentials Experience role and the Essentials Media Pack. I am guessing the Media Pack is all that is needed, but it's installation is dependent on the having Essentials Experience role installed. *One downside is...
    It worked! Thank you! MePo2 Configuration window instantly came up and is running after installing the Windows Server Essentials...
    New install of MP2.2.1 (TV-Server Only) on Windows Server 2012 R2. MP2 completes the initial install with no errors (I get the...
    Replies
    Views
    interesting...i use DRR in MP + Win 7, though i must admit i haven't watch much content lately using DRR. Might explain why i seen it more rarely than OP... i'll try some more testing using DRR, i usually switch between 50Hz p, for 25fps (dvb-t FTA ) content to 23.976 Hz for 23.976fps content, then back to 50Hz...
    interesting...i use DRR in MP + Win 7, though i must admit i haven't watch much content lately using DRR. Might explain why i seen...
    I fully realize that this is probably not the correct place, or a correct bugreport, but since a while (maybe a month?) I have some...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom