TVServer / database error/corruption (1 Viewer)

feriso

Portal Pro
March 20, 2008
Right, I'm not exactly sure what the problem is but the start of it it was that my C: drive ran out of space (down to ~10MB) and this caused MP to go screwy. So after a bit of a clean up I'm back to having a few GB but now it seems like the server/database is knackered as when ever I go to the guide there is nothing shown and also none of the channels work (Could not create Graph). When I try and look whilst using iPiMP I get an error of "mptvdb\program has crashed" so it makes me believe that there is a problem with the database.

I've upgraded from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 but that made not difference (I thought that this would rebuild the database)

If I'm right then how can I rebuild/correct the database (using std installn with MySQL)

Or is there another problem I'm missing...

Help is much appreciated :D

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The problem sounds like its just the EPG messed up or is it something else?

I use a centralized database setup in my home and it is always easy to fix all problems. By having the DBs on a host computer (TVSeries, MovingPictures, TV Server etc) I can wipe MediaPortal on a client and reinstall on a whim. Need to rebuild a database? Just delete that database file and it will be recreated.

For TV server database just go into the TV Server config and delete all settings. Save. Set it back up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom