TVSERVER Don´t Start (1 Viewer)

rafagsi

Portal Member
April 20, 2008
Simancas
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi,
Suddenly TVServer not initialized, has lost connection to the host and does not recognize it.

I tried to reinstall, and the service will not start.... Any idea??

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Log is saying:
    [2014-02-22 20:38:38,787] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [ERROR] - ServiceHelper: Check whether the tvservice is running failed. Please check your installation.
    Error: System.InvalidOperationException: El servicio TvService no se encontró en el equipo '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: El servicio especificado no existe como servicio instalado
    --- Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la excepción interna ---
    en System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.GenerateNames()
    en System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.get_ServiceName()
    en System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.GenerateStatus()
    en System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.get_Status()
    en SetupTv.ServiceHelper.get_IsRunning()

Are you sure you installed the TV service?
    Please check the Windows service manager and see if it is listed.

mm

rafagsi

Portal Member
    April 20, 2008
    Simancas
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Yes, if it was installed but would not start ... I suppose some fault in some file caused the error.

I uninstalled completely Mediaportal, and although I lost all settings, channels and recordings, I installed again from scratch and it works again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I can confirm that. After reinstalling MP1.31(x86) I mistakenly installed the x64 version MpUrlSourcesplitter. Then I got the error. After uninstalling MpUrlSourcesplitter(x64) I installed the MpUrlSourcesplitter(x86). But the error message still comes.
    I can confirm that. After reinstalling MP1.31(x86) I mistakenly installed the x64 version MpUrlSourcesplitter. Then I got the...
    Just completed a clean install of Win 10 followed by MP 1.31. During install the installer hung up because I didn't have .net 3.5...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    I just upgraded to 1.32 and now, when I start TV-Service Config, I get this error: [2024-01-31 09:33:13,138] [Log ] [SetupTv...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes correct that would have solved it. I guess I was more interested in finding out what I had done to cause the problem as the error message was of no help. By deleting everything I wouldn't have known so it was a learning curve for future reference. Fully understood I thought that might be the case. I also had some issues with...
    Yes correct that would have solved it. I guess I was more interested in finding out what I had done to cause the problem as the...
    I've just updated to Win 10 on a second drive and am installing MP 1.31. Having a bit of trouble with the install with the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom