TVServer records show with previous shows name (1 Viewer)

acecombat

Portal Member
October 3, 2010
Home Country
I upgraded my TV Server to 1.1.3 due to having issues with cards not releasing on my old 1.1.0 which was a resolved bug by 1.1.3

Default recording settings applied (5 mins before, 10 mins after) on both versions, but on 1.1.3 (About 30% of the time) it records the show it was selected to record, but titles the show (And saves info data) of the show that is about to end instead of the show data that was meant to record.
Unsure how to make issue repeat consistantly.

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3
MediaPortal Skin: N/a
Windows Version: Windows 7
CPU Type: Dual core pentium
HDD: 1.5tb
Memory: 2gb

:D

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    This can happen, if something in the EPG changes after you created the schedule (did you activate "Always update existing entries" maybe?), or if you ran a channel scan again.

acecombat

Portal Member
    October 3, 2010
    Home Country
    I've got my EPG set to always update. Wouldn't that reduce the chance of it happening?
    It's also been happening for at least 4 weeks and our EPG is only broadcasted 7-14 days ahead depending on channel. Other than that I haven't changed anything else other than upgrading on my TV server.
    It's a bit hard for me to produce logs (Yes I did read the rules) as it doesn't happen all the time and I don't know the exact cause so I cannot easily reproduce the issue. If I could constantly reproduce the issue it wouldn't be a problem for me to provide logs.
    Do you have any other ideas on how to fix it? It seems weird that if you selected the show YYY to record that it would record the show YYY but call it XXX instead and like I said it only happened since updating the server.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I've got my EPG set to always update. Wouldn't that reduce the chance of it happening?
    No, that's probably exactly why it happens. If you make a new schedule and then some time later the EPG entry to which the schedule originally referred to is changed or updated, MediaPortal will use the name of the program at the time the recording starts, even though the schedule entry in the TV server has still the original name.

To me it seems like the following is happening: when you schedule a program to be recorded, the schedule saves a reference id of the EPG entry for that schedule. However, when this EPG entry is updated, this id might get invalidated. The schedule itself does not get invalidated as a whole though, thus, when the TV server starts to record, it will not find the original EPG entry and therefore simply takes the EPG info at the time when the recording is started, which will almost certainly always be the previous show.

Though only the devs can tell what's actually happening behind the scenes here of course :).

acecombat

Portal Member
    October 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Though only the devs can tell what's actually happening behind the scenes here of course :).

Is there way I can turn on logging for a particular action only? (I.e. EPG & recording)
    Seems a little weird that it'd record in that way and take the name of the show seeing as how that it's flagged to record 5 minutes before hand which would normally lead to every recording having a different name wouldn't it?

I'll try disabling the EPG automatic refresh and see if that makes a difference (But what happens if the EPG data for 2 weeks ahead gets changed by the broadcaster? Does that mean it will be completely incorrect?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom