TVServer reports DVB-channel as scrambled (1 Viewer)

Vattenmelon

Portal Pro
June 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
TV-Server Version: 1 RC 2 rev19843
MediaPortal Version: 1 RC2 rev19843
MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome
Windows Version: XP SP2
CPU Type: AMD 4600
HDD: SAMSUNG 500GB
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Video Card: NVIDIA 8600
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Terratec 1200C
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Hauppage PVR 500
2. TV Card Type: DVB-C
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hey, I have a problem when trying to watch the channel named SVT1 in the logs. TV server reports it as scrambled. The odd thing is that the built-in tvclient in mediaportal is able to show it, but not timeshift it. The only strange thing with this channel compared to the others I watch is that it contains both a mpeg and an ac3 audio stream after what I can see. Not really sure if this is considered a bug or a missing feature.

thx in advance ;)

View attachment 24074

And logs while using Mediaportal built-in client: View attachment 24075

blaudden

Portal Pro
November 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Have you tried to go into "Tv Server Configuration"and see if it has any different settings compared to the other channels? If it's tho only one marked as scrambled maybe you can "unmark" it?

Vattenmelon

Portal Pro
June 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
No can't see anything "unusual" with this channel in the the tvserver configuration. It is "red"/marked as encrypted , however most of my channels are so, even though I can watch them. There are even channels that are green, (that I know is encrypted) and tvserver correctly reports It as scrambled when I try to watch it.

blaudden

Portal Pro
November 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Weird! I assume you are not using any CAM? The ones that you are allowed to watch are descrambled already "out of the plug"?

blaudden

Portal Pro
November 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
My first advice is to increase the timeout "wait for unscrambled signal" in the "General settings -> Timeshift" section since it looks like the code that does "wait for audio and video" is somewhat mixed up with the code for "wait for unscrambled signal"(see below). In my opinion, it shouldn't start waiting for unscrambled signals unless the channel really is scrambled. :)

/// <summary>
/// Returns whether the channel to which the card is tuned is
/// scrambled or not.
/// </summary>
/// <param name="cardId">id of the card.</param>
/// <returns>yes if channel is scrambled and CI/CAM cannot decode it, otherwise false</returns>
public bool IsScrambled(ref User user)
{
try
{
if (_dbsCard.Enabled == false) return true;
if (IsLocal == false)
{
try
{
RemoteControl.HostName = _dbsCard.ReferencedServer().HostName;
return RemoteControl.Instance.IsScrambled(ref user);
}
catch (Exception)
{
Log.Error("card: unable to connect to slave controller at:{0}", _dbsCard.ReferencedServer().HostName);
return false;
}
}
TvCardContext context = _card.Context as TvCardContext;
if (context == null) return false;
context.GetUser(ref user);
ITvSubChannel subchannel = _card.GetSubChannel(user.SubChannel);
if (subchannel == null) return false;
return (false == subchannel.IsReceivingAudioVideo);
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
Log.Write(ex);
return false;
}
}

If you dare, you might also mark the channel as freeToAir in the database. But I don't recomend that and haven't found any part of the code that actually checks that setting.

"select * from tuningdetail;
update tuningdetail set freeToAir=1 where name = "SVT1";"

It should of course be possible to mark the channel as "Free to air" directly in the SetupTV application i.e switching the icon from red to green.

Vattenmelon

Portal Pro
June 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
thx for your answers :). I have tried to set the "wait for unscrambled signal" higher, without any success. According to the logs it doesn't even seems like it actually waits as long as one tells it to do in the configuration. Seems like it only tries for five seconds whatsoever.

I will try to set the channel as freeToAir. Currently I'm away from my htpc :( , but will try it as soon as I can and tell you the result.

blaudden

Portal Pro
November 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
yes, I saw that 5 seconds hardcoded in RC2, but it's been fixed in latest SVN build. Try to use that one (for the TV Server) instead.

Vattenmelon

Portal Pro
June 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
I have installed newest svn of both mediaportal and tvserver and tried your suggestions, without success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom