TvServer setup, a few sugestions (1 Viewer)

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I had some frustrating experience today after changing a Wlan USB stick, installing the stick and made it working was 2 minutes, but then getting the TV working again took me 3 hours.. read my frustrations here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...stick-mediaportal-goes-nuts-51686/#post353222

But after a few hours cooled down I have been thinking about some improvements for the TvSever setup, maybe the devs can have a look at the following:

1. Introduce an apply button, in stead of applying all settings upon leaving the application using the OK button
    2. If a setting doesnt work (like a false IP address) popup a warning and DONT LEAVE the setup, allow leaving the setup only if all settings work.
    3. In stead of actually using the Host name, look up the IP address that belongs to that host and use the IP address for running the program.
    4. allways check/correct as required the IP address when starting the TvService as it might have changed using DHCP
    5. allow opening the TvServer setup without the requirement that the TvServer is running, this prevents the catch 22 situation that if something has changed on the computer preventing the TvService from starting, you cannot make the changes required in TvServer to make it work again (like the false IP after a WLAN stick change)

I know it is easier said then done, but certainly worth a serious thought as I have seen more peopel strugling with this.

Thanks... and AL THE BEST FOR 2009!

Lots

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom