[Evaluate] TVServer: TT3650 CI Problem after Wakeup (1 Viewer)

styriaman

Portal Pro
September 13, 2004
Austria/Styria
Hi Developers, self compilers and TT3650CI users,

concerning the problems described in the thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/bugreports-74/insert-smartcard-message-fta-tt-s3650-ci-87756/ - Morpheus helped me to find a solution for the annoying CI message on special cases after wakeup from standby.

The idea is to call _conditionalAccess.SendPMT if a Smartcard is inserted - regardless whether a scrambled or a FTA channel is tuned.

At least - it works for me - maybe with the effect that the tuning is delayed for additional function calls. But I can't test any negative impacts on other cards - other (non) TT products.

Hope that this patch will be useful for somebody else.

Regards

Joe

Attachments

• TT3650CI.patch
    3.6 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there

Thank you for your work. :D

So it seems the functional parts of the patch are:
    1. To send PMT for all channels *when a CAM is present* for Technotrend tuners.
    2. To ignore the return code from the call to bdaapiCIMultiDecode().
    3. To turn on verbose logging for Technotrend tuners.

Just to clarify: my understanding of the problem is that the 3650 always shows the insert smartcard message if you try to view an FTA channel while a CAM is inserted. If a CAM is *not* inserted then the message never appears, but you can't view encrypted channels. Is that correct?

In my opinion it is reasonable to do (1), however you should fix the logging. It would be confusing to have the logs say "SendPMT: Channel is FTA, nothing to do" and then see "SendPMT version:x len:y z".

Regarding (2), I don't think that is reasonable without a full explanation of why you want to make that change.
    - Is the change really necessary to fix the problem?
    - What is the value of m_ciStatus that you were receiving?
    - What is the value of m_ciStatus when bdaapiCIMultiDecode() returns TTApiResult.Success, but the services are not actually decoded (or does this never happen)?

Regarding (3), is there a reason that you want verbose logging turned on?

styriaman

Portal Pro
    September 13, 2004
    Austria/Styria
    Thanks for your quick response.

Just to clarify: my understanding of the problem is that the 3650 always shows the insert smartcard message if you try to view an FTA channel while a CAM is inserted. If a CAM is *not* inserted then the message never appears, but you can't view encrypted channels. Is that correct??

This happens only after a one or more standby - resume sequences. And you are right - if no CAM is inserted - there is no popup of a insert smartcard message.

Regarding (2), I don't think that is reasonable without a full explanation of why you want to make that change.
    - What is the value of m_ciStatus when bdaapiCIMultiDecode() returns TTApiResult.Success, but the services are not actually decoded (or does this never happen)?

The returncode of bdaapiCIMultiDecode() isn't really ignored - it is set to True in any case the function returns Success. I did this because I had troubles after wakeup and tune to an FTA channel. I guess I got never a different value than TTApiResult.Success. Unfortunately I did this patch 3 month ago. I'll try to find out the answer by debug this stuff again

Regarding (3), is there a reason that you want verbose logging turned on?

The logging stuff was not removed and only used for debugging purposes.

Regards Joe

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Joe

Just to clarify: my understanding of the problem is that the 3650 always shows the insert smartcard message if you try to view an FTA channel while a CAM is inserted. If a CAM is *not* inserted then the message never appears, but you can't view encrypted channels. Is that correct??

This happens only after a one or more standby - resume sequences. And you are right - if no CAM is inserted - there is no popup of a insert smartcard message.
    I had a look at your original thread. Does this only happen for *some* FTA channels, and only after standby/hibernate when a CAM is inserted? If that is the case, it sounds like a driver bug that you should report to Technotrend support, not something that should be fixed in MediaPortal. Are you using the latest drivers?

The returncode of bdaapiCIMultiDecode() isn't really ignored - it is set to True in any case the function returns Success. I did this because I had troubles after wakeup and tune to an FTA channel. I guess I got never a different value than TTApiResult.Success. Unfortunately I did this patch 3 month ago. I'll try to find out the answer by debug this stuff again
    Yes, some logs would be helpful. It is not the ignoring of the return code (sorry - my bad wording) because that is always TTApiResult.Success. Rather, it is the ignoring of m_ciStatus (the CI status). We don't seem to have documentation on what those codes mean except maybe -1 = failure and 1 = ready/okay. I'd like to know what m_ciStatus you were getting.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    *Bump*

Joe: there is no chance that this patch could be included unless you're able to provide logs so that we can confirm what parts are actually required and avoid affecting other cards. I now have a Budget S2-3200 + CI module, but I don't get the messages...

Jean-Christophe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2005
    Liege - Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    hello,

I have a TT3650CI card. I triedformonth to make it working with MP and I droped it in a box.
    If there is a chance I can use it, I'm available to do some tests.

Just let me know what I can try.

Best regards,

JC

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Jean-Christophe

Thank you for the offer! :D
    To be honest, I'm a little confused about the 3650. Some people can get it work fine but other people say it doesn't work. What made you put it aside?

Have you seen these threads:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tv-cards-333/technotrend-tt-connect-ct-3650-a-92152/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...support-322/technotrend-ct-3650-usb-ci-71192/

They seem to recommend trying the older 1.0.2.20 driver available from -->here<--. I recommend you try that, and if you still have problems then post some logs - I can do nothing without logs and a full description of the problem.

mm

Jean-Christophe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2005
    Liege - Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Here we are with driver 1.0.2.20

First noticeable thing : I was able to scan both satellites without crashing TVSetup.exe (first time it happens).

Then I still have the Scrambled channel message time to time.
    The debug log is uploaded with this post.

I really hope it helps.

If nothing works, I will use a local softcam and mdapi (that works, despite it is not supported)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the logs! :D
    I do see quite a few scrambled messages, but in *almost* all the cases it happens because the TV Server is attempting to descramble the channels with your Hauppauge tuner. That is never going to work since your Hauppauge tuner doesn't have a CAM. I recommend that you do two things:

1. Map all your channels to the Technotrend tuner.
    Some of them were automatically mapped to the 3650 because they must have been found during the scan, however quite a few (for example TF1, Gulli, Direct 8, Arte HD...) are only mapped to the Hauppauge.

2. Mark all of the Eutelsat channels as non-FTA or increase the priority of the 3650 over the Hauppauge.
    It seems that your Eutelsat channels were detected as FTA during the scan, however they are actually scrambled. Each time you try to tune a channel like La Une, TV Server always tries to use the Hauppauge first since the Hauppauge has a higher priority than the 3650 and TV Server doesn't know that the channel is scrambled (so it thinks the Hauppauge tuner is okay to use). Marking the channels as scrambled would tell TV Server that it can't use the Hauppauge tuner. Alternatively, increasing the priority of the 3650 will mean the 3650 is tried first. That could significantly speed up your channel change speed.

I'm not saying that the 3650 is working perfectly because there are 4 cases where it really does fail to descramble. I can't see any reason why that would happen right now - could easily be the CAM...

mm
    :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom