[no Bug] TVService / ArgusTV Problems after installation (1 Viewer)

hafblade

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Trier, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi guys,

first of all I want to say that your new release is really great again. Everything works as it should.

I've got only one issue.
When I installed MediaPortal 1.3.0 Alpha I also installed the TV Service to try around with it but I changed to Argus TV some weeks later. Now everytime when I install a new version like MP 1.3.0 Beta / RC he tries to activate the TV Server in the client configuration. It is absolutely clear why he does this and not wrong.

So yesterday this happened again after installing the RC and I did this what I always do after a new install.
I switched off the tv service and went to the client configuration to delete the IP address of the TV server from the TV sub window. Than I went to the Argus Plugin and checked all settings and tested the connection. Everything worked like a sharm until I started MP.

He always tried to connect again to the MP TV server and said no connection found. He showed me the EPG data of Argus but tried to connect to the MP TV Server.

I started the configuration again and saw that he added the old ip address again to the configuration. I deleted again, tried again, same result, ip was again in the configuration.

Than I reinstalled Argus TV. Nothing changed.

Than I deinstalled MP and Argus TV. Reinstalled MP without the TV Service and reinstalled ArgusTV.
Now it works again.

Is there some algorithm which thinks there should be a TV service when it installed but deactivated?
Could there be a problem with the ArgusTV plugins which only deactivates the TV server plugin on installation but not on start?

I'll post this also in the Argus TV forum.

Thanks for your help and ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Too me that sounds like ARGUS TV did not install correctly its own plugins, I select both the MP and ARGUS plugins during its install, so I can switch at random for testing.

If the Argus plugin is installed correctly, it overrides any TVServer config setting regarding address.

Last edited:

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes but after the mp update the tv server ip has been written in the config again and again which has never occurred before. Only uninstalling the mp tv server helped.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When you "upgrade MP" you need to uninstall ARGUS TV first, this restores the original tvplugin (dot-i is working on removing this dependency), then stop tvservice if enabled, then upgrade MP, and finally re-install Argus.

Some how it really does sound like the MP tvplugin remained in place.

Another thought, I had to manually remove leftover FTR files after I upgraded to Argus, wonder if you have any ;)

Last edited:

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Paranoid. I'll have a look at the left over files.
    I hadn't uninstalled the ArgusTV server before update. I suppose that this was the problem but I'm sure that I never had this problem before.
    But I'll do it correclty next time :)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Since this thread has been quiet as of 7-2 i assume this is fixed and was an install hick-up?
    Setting to No Bug for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom