TVSrv 1.0.0 RC1 Missing Thumb Folder (1 Viewer)

Dirk23

Portal Pro
May 28, 2006
Fulda
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

yesterday i installed MEdaiportal TV Server 1.0.0 RC1 and its running fine by now. But i'm missing the thunbs folder in the Media Portal Folder. So i copied from an old Backup this Folder in to the Mediaportal Root but in EPG the TV Logos are not Displayed.

Is this a bug or a new feature??

Regards

Dirk

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Folders have moved to "write" dir "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Programdata\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" in xp

Regards
    Roy

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Am I just missing something, or can you not read/write to anything in the ProgramData folder via a network share? This causes a big problem when, for example, trying to view logs from another computer or when you need to add fan art, etc. Is there any way around this other than just manually changing the directories in MediaPortalDirs.xml (which I've already done)?

Dirk23

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2006
    Fulda
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What's the idea behind changing the folders?? I dont get it. This is also the reason for CyberDisplay not to work with my config file. Wich ALLWAYS was in the Mediaportal Root Directory in c:\Windows\Team Mediportal\Media Portal..

Thank you

Dirk

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    What's the idea behind changing the folders?? I dont get it. This is also the reason for CyberDisplay not to work with my config file. Wich ALLWAYS was in the Mediaportal Root Directory in c:\Windows\Team Mediportal\Media Portal..

Thank you

Dirk

Hi,
    The reason is to make it the same for Vista & XP & the correct write path for programs has since w2k been in Documents & folders instead of program root dir.
    Plugins should use path from mediaportaldirs.xml instead of root path, but thats up to them ;)

Regards
    Roy

irish

Portal Member
    April 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi,
    Folders have moved to "write" dir "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Programdata\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" in xp

Regards
    Roy

sorry for being dim but i cannot find this folder on my system anyone got any idea

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    irish, open MediaPortal Configuration -> Click on View log files & go one folder up from there & you should be able to see thumbs folder.

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom