Twinhan Vista drivers? (1 Viewer)

dhanjel

Portal Pro
July 24, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Is there any 64bits BDA drivers available for the Twinhan cards available yet or do you know if they are planned to be released soon?

Thinking of upgrading my htpc to Vista Home Premium OEM 64bit but want to be sure
that all the drivers are available.

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Just because im curious, why would you upgrade to Vista? It doesnt seem to add any immediate benefit to a HTPC based on Mediaportal (in fact it might do the opposite with its bigger memory footprint, alpha/beta drivers and extensive builtin DRM).

dhanjel

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Want to run 64bit as well as have a more secure and stable platform (xp isn't my biggest friend when it comes to stability), and I'm planning to upgrade my workstation and might as well upgrade the htpc at the same time.

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    If you want stability i would not recommend installing a newly developed operating system. WinXP might not be your friend, but after two service packs i would suspect its more stable than Vista (at least for now).

Additionally, there is no real benefit in the 64-bit platforms right now, the software simply isnt there. In some cases you might end up using more memory for the same programs while gaining no benefit. (dont get me wrong, 64-bit is the way of the future, but no need to jump on the wagon before it starts rolling ;)

As to Twinhan drivers, which type of card do you have exactly? I have 2 Twinhan DVB-C cards, model 2031, and it seemed they have replaced those with the newer 2033 (mantis) models. I would expect drivers to show up for the mantis models but not necessarily for the older models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom