Twitter plugin for Media Portal (1 Viewer)

xikinhu

Portal Member
April 18, 2008
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
09/17/09
I know that my two weeks target have passed a long time ago, but, today I have good news to share.

First of all, some screenshots (see at the end of this post).

And second, the list of things I want to do before release a version for public use:
  • Create skin files for the MP default skin, 4:3 and 16:9
  • Improve cache system
  • Clean-up the code
  • Do some improvements on the interface
  • Create an MPI installer.

09/16/09
With the start of my vacations from work, I have made big progress on TweeTV. I have moved the configuration to a sqlite database instead of MediaPortal.xml and just finished the cache system (Twitter API has a rate limit, so we need to cache old information).

09/02/09
First of all, I want to apologize for taking so long to release this plugin, but my spare time is really short.
Second, I want to share with you, that the first tweet, posted with TweeTV, has been writed ( Twitter / Jr. Hames: First message posted using ... ). I hope I can release an alpha version soon.

29/07/09
The configuration screen is almost done. TweeTV oAuth implementation is done and it means that there is no need to put your twitter login and password on it. Learn more about in OAuth — An open protocol to allow secure API authorization in a simple and standard method from desktop and web applications.

I create an account on google code to put the source code and other related stuff on.
tweetv - Project Hosting on Google Code

--

I'm not a twitter addict, but I know that it is a great source of information. So, I decide to write a plugin for this.

The name of it will be TweeTV and it's already under development. In the initial stage of development, the source code will not be released, and I think that maybe takes two or three weeks until the first beta be released.

After the release of this first edition, I will release the source code too.

So, what exactly TweeTV will be?
TweeTV will be a fully featuread Twitter client and my plan is to provide a way to do the same things that you can do through the website.

That's it?
No. I also have plans to add some new features, some already present in many twitter clientes like automatic url shorter, image upload to Twitpic.

I also plan in a way to provide and permit fully integration with Media Portal and other plugins with an internal API. This leave us to the next topic.

Things I wish to do, but don't know if its possible
One of my ideas, is to create a panel (like OSD) that overlay the videos being played (or television) to show the tweets and permit that the user post tweets too.

Another idea, like I said in the previous topic, is to provide an internal API to permit that other plugins can use twitter too. Example.: through my plugin, the MP-TVSeries could access twitter and post a tweet with the episode you just finish to see and your note. So your friends could see it and maybe watch that episode too and share opinions with you.

Like the name of this topic said, I don't know if this functions can be done, because this is my first plugin and I don't know how Media Portal works internally yet. If you think you can help, or maybe have a tip or clue about this plugin, feel free to share. It will be very appreciated.

And finally, maybe needless, but just for information:

Who da hell r u?
I live in Brazil, and develop software for embedded platforms such telephony centrals and STBs (also know as setup boxes/tv decoders).

If you have a twitter, you can follow my updates in Jr. Hames (jrhames) on Twitter

Best regards.
xikinhu

Attachments

• tweetv.jpg
    tweetv.jpg
    230.3 KB
  • tweetv-menu.jpg
    tweetv-menu.jpg
    191.7 KB
  • tweetv-config.jpg
    tweetv-config.jpg
    28.4 KB

rolls1400

Portal Pro
August 26, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Let me know when you release the source..id like to check it out/ give you a hand

xikinhu

Portal Member
April 18, 2008
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Thanks for the support guys. Any help will be appreciated.

Hope you enjoy the screenshots of pre-alpha version.

CliptaSerge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Sunnyvale
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey xikinhu, the screens are looking good. Also wanted to let you know that we have released a twitter client too, check it out here. If you are interested in any of the code let me know, we're always happy to collaborate.

- Serge

fitzy75

Portal Member
    January 20, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sorry to drag up such an old topic, just wondering if anything was still being done with this or not, would be very keen to use it. Also CliptaSerge, your link seems to no longer work, is there an updated link or does anyone know the name of the plugin you are referring to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom