Two Hauppauge DVB-T cards with two WINTV-CI? (1 Viewer)

Nogge69

Portal Pro
January 20, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi

Currently i have one WinTV-NOVA-TD-Stick used for freeview channels and one WinTV-HVR-4400 used together with the WinTV-CI to watch the scrambled channels.
Today I got hold of a second WINTV-CI, and before I invest in another CAM, I'm vondering if i add this to the server, will I be able to map the new CI to the WinTV-NOVA-TD-Stick so I can ex. record two channels simultainliy?

Hope someone have some experience with this:confused:

Ferao

Portal Member
December 3, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Ill second this, im allso interested in experiences with 2 wintv-ci's for using with 2 x nova td dual tuners sticks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Ferao

You can only have one WinTV CI per computer. This is a limitation of the WinTV CI driver, so unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it.

mm

Ferao

Portal Member
    December 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi mm1352000

Thankyou for your reply allthough its sad news ;-) - looks like ill have to invest in some new tv cards widt good ci support, so now i only need to find out what to buy for dvb-t boxer viaaccess tv, ill need same setup as before with 4 tuners, any ideas?

thankyou!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

The only thread I've seen about Boxer (which might be for Sweeden) is -->here<--. Sounds quite complicated, but perhaps that helps you...

mm

Ferao

Portal Member
    December 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Tankyou for your reply - yes you're right sounds a bit complicated, a shame that no easy way excists for dvb-t and ci cam with multiple tuners

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm not saying that no easy way exists; I'm just not aware of anyone who has posted about Boxer recently.

-->Here<-- is another thread about using DVB-T cards with CIs. Just search the forum and I'm sure you'll find other examples...

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom