Two Minor Glitches (1 Viewer)

ivseenbetter

Portal Member
July 22, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am lovin this plugin. I really think it is better than the interface the actual Netflix site has when accessing it from outside of mediaportal. Still, I only have two things I haven't been able to figure out.

1. When I exit MyNetflix after watching a movie the Mediaportal screen doesn't return. Instead it goes to my desktop. Of course, it is simple to bring Mediaportal back into the focus by selecting the shortcut on the screen. When I do that Mediaportal pops right up and it is still in the Netflix queue where I left it. So, how do I get Mediaportal to come back up on it's own when I close out of a stream in MyNetflix?

2. I have some videos in my queue that I have started watching someplace else but didn't completely watch the episode/movie. Now when I access that through MyNetflix it picks up where I left off and not at the beginning. This is a problem when my kid wants to watch Thomas The Tank Engine and he has to start it in the middle of an episode instead of the beginning. Is there a setting or something that will ensure all videos play from the beginning? I know on our Netflix enabled DVD Player it will ask me if I want to resume or play from the beginning. Something like this in MyNetflix would be terrific.

Again, it's a great plugin. If these two things were completed it would be a highly polished product!

ivseenbetter

Portal Member
July 22, 2011
Home Country
I guess I should give some info on my system. I'm using MP 1.2RC. I have the MyNetflix plugin required for that release...using the dll from the zip file WilE provided. Also, I am using Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

Any insight on how to get MP to launch back up automatically when closing out of the video in netflix would be appreciated.

wizard43

Portal Member
September 4, 2010
Home Country
I am lovin this plugin. I really think it is better than the interface the actual Netflix site has when accessing it from outside of mediaportal. Still, I only have two things I haven't been able to figure out.

1. When I exit MyNetflix after watching a movie the Mediaportal screen doesn't return. Instead it goes to my desktop. Of course, it is simple to bring Mediaportal back into the focus by selecting the shortcut on the screen. When I do that Mediaportal pops right up and it is still in the Netflix queue where I left it. So, how do I get Mediaportal to come back up on it's own when I close out of a stream in MyNetflix?

2. I have some videos in my queue that I have started watching someplace else but didn't completely watch the episode/movie. Now when I access that through MyNetflix it picks up where I left off and not at the beginning. This is a problem when my kid wants to watch Thomas The Tank Engine and he has to start it in the middle of an episode instead of the beginning. Is there a setting or something that will ensure all videos play from the beginning? I know on our Netflix enabled DVD Player it will ask me if I want to resume or play from the beginning. Something like this in MyNetflix would be terrific.

Again, it's a great plugin. If these two things were completed it would be a highly polished product!

I have not seen the issue of MP not coming up after the browser is closed. For me it has always worked. I will look at MP configuration to see if I see something that would cause this. I also have not tried it on Windows 7 64 bit but I will. My HTPC is neither Windows 7 or 64 bit, but I have another machine that is.

As for not starting at the beginning I have encountered this numerous times while testing as I would play 10 to 15 minutes of a movie in my queue while testing out controls etc. and paying no attention to the content and then later wanting to actually WATCH the movie! Asking whether to continue or start at the beginning is a good idea and is a lot like what the videos section does. I will look at this.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

I have not seen the issue of MP not coming up after the browser is closed. For me it has always worked. I will look at MP configuration to see if I see something that would cause this. I also have not tried it on Windows 7 64 bit but I will. My HTPC is neither Windows 7 or 64 bit, but I have another machine that is.

As for not starting at the beginning I have encountered this numerous times while testing as I would play 10 to 15 minutes of a movie in my queue while testing out controls etc. and paying no attention to the content and then later wanting to actually WATCH the movie! Asking whether to continue or start at the beginning is a good idea and is a lot like what the videos section does. I will look at this.

The issue with MP not coming up is due to the "Always on top" checkbox being checked. Please check and see if it is checked and uncheck it if so.

As far as as starting from the beginning, there is no parameter we can pass to the browser to do that, unforutnately. I have asked this question on the Netflix forums before and was told it cant be done. Sorry... :(

Wile E.

ivseenbetter

Portal Member
    July 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks wizard43 and WilECoyote. I appreciate the feedback/input! I'm still amazed by the plugin!

ivseenbetter

Portal Member
    July 22, 2011
    Home Country
    1.4 is great because it gives me access to the various episodes under a specific title...kids love dora the explorer but couldn't access the seasons correctly until 1.4.

So now the only problem is that the titles of these other episodes are too long and I can only see part of the title since it has to tell me what season and episode # I am looking at before it gives me the episode title. For this reason it makes it difficult to find the "favorite" episodes since I can't see the whole title.

For example: Dora the Explorer S3E10: Dora Saves...
    Really it should say: Dore the Explorer S3S10: Dora Saves the Day

Since those last two words are cut off I'm never sure if I am selecting the right episode. Is there a way to ensure the whole title is displayed?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    1.4 is great because it gives me access to the various episodes under a specific title...kids love dora the explorer but couldn't access the seasons correctly until 1.4.

So now the only problem is that the titles of these other episodes are too long and I can only see part of the title since it has to tell me what season and episode # I am looking at before it gives me the episode title. For this reason it makes it difficult to find the "favorite" episodes since I can't see the whole title.

Since those last two words are cut off I'm never sure if I am selecting the right episode. Is there a way to ensure the whole title is displayed?

Hey Ivseenbetter,
    First of all, thank you for helping others in this forum. Wizard 43 and I are extremely busy and we appreciate any help we can get :)

The issue with the episodes not showing correctly is addressed in the 2.0 version. The new version ONLY shows the episode name (i.e. Instead of "Dore the Explorer S3S10: Dora Saves the Day" it will now be just "Dora Saves the Day".) Keep in mind the new structure of the 2.0 plugin is:

Series
    --- Season
    -------- Episodes

So the Dora will look like this:

Dora the Explorer
    --- Season 1
    --- Season 2
    --- Season 3
    ------- Dora Saves the Day
    ------- Dora Goes to School
    ------- ...and so on

Thanks again!
    Wile E.

wizard43

Portal Member
    September 4, 2010
    Home Country

You don't have to wait for 2.0. In 1.4 the episode that is currently selected scrolls the entire name, but even better if you look at the top left corner of the screen the entire name of the currently selected episode is show in full with no waiting for scrolling. Dora the Explorer fans can be impatient waiting for scrolling.

I add my thanks for your helping others. :D

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    You don't have to wait for 2.0. In 1.4 the episode that is currently selected scrolls the entire name, but even better if you look at the top left corner of the screen the entire name of the currently selected episode is show in full with no waiting for scrolling. Dora the Explorer fans can be impatient waiting for scrolling.

Cool...

Sorry, I haven't loaded the 1.4 version so I was unsure if it scrolled or not. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom