UAE - Splash screen wrong version (1 Viewer)

MrMel

Portal Pro
November 16, 2007
Not critical but should be fixed before release, ever since day one, when you have UAE enabled in Vista it wont update the Splashscreen's version when you completely re-install MP or upgrade.

Old time it wasnt even possible to install MP with UAE active, but today it is, its just the splash screen that dont get updated.

Splash simply show the first version you installed.
as of now its of course possible to manual edit c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe.Config

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe.Config

VirtualStore path should not be used at all now, will ask chemelli about this.

Thanks

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Not critical but should be fixed before release, ever since day one, when you have UAE enabled in Vista it wont update the Splashscreen's version when you completely re-install MP or upgrade.

Old time it wasnt even possible to install MP with UAE active, but today it is, its just the splash screen that dont get updated.

Splash simply show the first version you installed.
    as of now its of course possible to manual edit c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe.Config

I can confirm this, but it is not related to the RC3 release. I already had this when I upgraded to RC1 / RC2.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    MrMel and ronzelver, unfortunatly there was some issue about VirtualStore redirections in some early versions.

Unfortunatly the only way to fix this is:

• uninstall both MP and TVE from control pannel
    • run attached script as administrator ( ATTENTION: all settings are lost )
    • reboot
    • install RC3

Let us know if this fix the issue.

Simone

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MrMel and ronzelver, unfortunatly there was some issue about VirtualStore redirections in some early versions.

Unfortunatly the only way to fix this is:

• uninstall both MP and TVE from control pannel
    • run attached script as administrator ( ATTENTION: all settings are lost )
    • reboot
    • install RC3

Let us know if this fix the issue.

Simone

Simone,

Actually, your script fixed the issue with RC3, but now I have it back with RC4, on the splashscreen it shows RC3?!
    I did a complete uninstall of RC3 before I installed RC4. So apparently there is still something wrong with the VirtualStore settings :confused:

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom