UK Road Tax (1 Viewer)

Zasurus

Portal Pro
November 14, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Sign and pass it on. It only takes a minute.
The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it.
The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver.
A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month.
On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times.
They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit you can expect a NIP with your monthly bill.
If you care about our freedoms and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website.
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/
Please pass this on to anyone who owns a car/motorcycle. It affects them.

We (UK PPL) can't let this happen! :eek:

OH! And if you do agree then please email it to all your mates that you think will agree and tell family etc... The more the better! LOL :)

Regards,

Zas

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Sounds a bit sensationalit and Daily Mail to me. I doubt the government are organised enough to pull this off :)

signed it anyway

Zasurus

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sounds a bit sensationalit and Daily Mail to me. I doubt the government are organised enough to pull this off :)

signed it anyway

I am constantly amazed how organised the government is when they think they can make more money from motorists!

Zas

onkl

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    Wageningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    From an environmental point of view I can appreciate any effort to a more balanced cost between public and private transport in the UK. My (continental) advice would however be to start with changing the train fares.
    By the way, in the Netherlands they'r proposing something like this, but did promise to cut other car related taxes, so that infrequent drivers would actually better of ("tax car-driving, not car-possession"). Sounds reasonable to me to be fair.

ting

Portal Member
    February 8, 2005
    Sandvika, Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    :eek: You poor people.
    Taxing should be according to how much you have, not how much you do.
    But the big brother thing is scary. Hope it doesn't infect my country :mad:

mclog

Portal Member
    November 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Funny thing is, train fares are going up because they've been used so much recently.

About the Big Brother thing, I do think that the current UK government has one of the strongest authoritarian tendencies of any western government, and this scheme, combined with ID cards, etc. does reflect a worrying tendency for the state to collect increase amounts of information about private citizens lives.

shagster

Portal Member
    July 10, 2006
    United Kindom
    Have signed, like I signed all the others before.........

Heres an interesting read for those with a few mins to spare.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/story/0,,1980642,00.html

I'm of the conclusion now that there is a minority in control of gov and they have an agenda. More new laws than days in office!!! Loads of those laws have many effects completely unrelated to their titles that strip away civil liberties and increase the power of gov.

Most MPs when asked, do not understand the laws they have passed!

Won't be long before they get one through that bans elections under the auspice of "Anti Terrorism". God forbid we have an election during a 100 year war!

ting

Portal Member
    February 8, 2005
    Sandvika, Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I thought the uk had house of lords or something that would stop crazy laws. I remember a few years ago they stopped a law that got through house of commons related to disabilities. And I think something related to fox hunting:p
    But anyway I don't know much about the uk system except that it is old and has strange electoral system.

The big brother stuff is alot related to the culture of fear (mi5 terror alert). Perhaps the UK will get a patriot law:rolleyes:

again, my sympathies.

Oh and please get your goverment to keep the sellafield nuclear reprocessing plant closed. Our fjords are supposed to be blue not radioactive green :mad:

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom