UK TV & Radio Logos (1 Viewer)

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In this pack you find a large selection of UK TV and Radio channel logos. If the logo you require isn't in this pack, let me know or create your own. Please do check that the channel you require is not due to close in the near future. Use this list for info. There are many high resolution logos on Wikipedia and Satlogos.

Please if you do make your own logos for a channel remember to share them with the rest of the community on this thread.

This pack now contains all Freeview and Freesat channel logos available, Sky and Virgin Media channels will follow soon. Duplicate logos are included due to alternative naming structures on each of the different platforms. All regional naming variations for BBC and ITV should be included, if I've missed yours let me know.

Big thanks go to cheetah05 for the template and the core of the glossy Freeview TV logos. Thanks also go to Mew, TritonT and jsimo01 and others.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    UK TV Thumbs Pack Standard

The TV thumbs are designed to simply use the channels logo with a transparent background and all TV logos are 80x80px. The radio guide uses the channel logo with a black background at 300x300px. These look best in list view. Avoid channel logos that use a dark (grey, black, red) colour as this can be lost or difficult to read on the dark coloured skins or on the radio black background. Generally I convert any dark colours to pure white.

Again if you do make your own logos for a channel remember to share them with the rest of the community on this thread. Also you can simply 'drop' these logos on to the glossy design template above to create the glossy thumbs.

UK TV Thumbs Pack Glossy

This pack was originally created and maintained by TritonT. The original thread can be found here

To create your own glossy logos use this photoshop template.

Updates
    [08/10/10]
    Initial .mpei

[10/10/10]
    Added logos [Controversial TV, Elite TV, ITV2 HD & Rural TV]
    Corrected .mpei installer name

[24/10/10]
    Added BBC ONE HD
    Corrected FIVE HD Logo

[27/10/10]
    Corrected mpe1 file in repository

[31/12/10]
    Added logos [Africa Channel, ARY Digital, BBC 2 Wales, CCTV, Challenge+1, ChatGirl TV2, Climax3-1, Climax3-2, Climax3-3,
    COLORS, ComedyCtralX-Copy, ComedyCtrl+1, Cream, Crime+1, Daystar, Dirty Talk, Disha, Diva TV +1, ESPN Classic, Eurosport2 UK, Filth, Gay Network, Gay TV, GemCollector, GEO News, High Street TV, Ideal & More, Jackpot Games, jazeerachildren, LiverpoolFCTV, Madani Chnl, MAX, Men and Movies, Men&Movies, MTV Shows, MTV Trax, MUTV, NDTV 24x7, Nollywood, OceanFinance, Premier Sports, Primetime, redhot 40+, redhot amateur, redhot fetish, redhot mums, redhot TV, Renault TV, Rocks & Co 1, Rocks TV, Sangat, Showcase 2, Showcase, Sikh Channel, Sikh TV, Sky Intro (1), Sky Intro Active, Sky Intro, Sky Atlantic, Sky Atlantic HD, Sky Sports HD 4, Sky Sports HD4] Thanks to Mew for most of those.

[31/12/10]
    Added Discovery History, Discovery History+1

[22/05/11]
    Added most logos to Maya pack.
    [17/09/11]
    Dropped Maya pack name, now Standard and Glossy
    Brought packs into line, now all DTT channel logos covered. DSAT/DCAB channel logos to follow.
    [20/09/2011]
    Corrected installer error
    Corrected wrongly named files
    Removed Pick TV+1
    [22/09/11]
    Fixed minor issues.
    [06/12/2011]
    Updated pack, now includes Freesat logos.
    [08/01/2012]
    Renamed incorrectly labelled channels
    Added BBC satellite regions
    Added new More4 logos
    [21/05/2012]
    Many many glossy logos added by Jasmeet_181 - Cheers!

Download for mpei installer & ZIP file for 4TR users

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Legal Bit
    These logos are of an organization, item, or event, and are protected by copyright. There is no intention made to infringe on any intellectual property or copyrights. These logos are low resolution and are for use of identification and may qualify as fair use under copyright law.

Last edited:

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Fab!!!!
    Clicky clicky...

#EDIT
    Seems to install OK, but the installer text welcomes me to something off the window, and the package appears in the MPEI as '- Matthew Carter' without any other description...

Also - how can we get this to appear on the list of known extensions?

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    #EDIT
    Seems to install OK, but the installer text welcomes me to something off the window, and the package appears in the MPEI as '- Matthew Carter' without any other description...

Also - how can we get this to appear on the list of known extensions?

Not sure why it would welcome you to something off the window. Will check it out, will sort the MPEI description too.

Dunno how to get it to appear on the list of known extensions...

Brilliant!

Does someone have the logos for Crime +1 and Sky Sports HD 4?

Ta!

Will take a look, there wasn't any around when I made the others.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Oddly it now appears on the known extensions list :)
    I'll screen dump the install window...

Da dahh...

Welcome to the extension installer for...?

Attachments

• install.jpg
      install.jpg
      33.8 KB

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    ~Here's a few of the missing ones...
    Don't know what you do to them to make them into the icons so here are the jpgs...

I believe there are a few more but it's getting late!

Attachments

• icons.zip
      64.2 KB

wrighta

Portal Member
    July 25, 2006
    West Lothian, Scotland
    Home Country
    Many thanks for your hard work.

There are a couple of BBC logo's missing. My setup finds BBC 1 & BBC 2 as "BBC ONE Scot" and "BBC TWO Scot" respectively. I just created a couple of copies of other logo's and renamed them. Works a treat.

If you want to update your list.

Thanks again! :)

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Oddly it now appears on the known extensions list :)
    I'll screen dump the install window...

Da dahh...

Welcome to the extension installer for...?

Should be fixed now.

~Here's a few of the missing ones...
    Don't know what you do to them to make them into the icons so here are the jpgs...

I believe there are a few more but it's getting late!

Added most of them, some already existed in the pack [QVC] others the channel has closed [Fashion TV]. If they don't show up try deleting your cache. I'm still waiting for some higher quality versions of some logos Sky Sports HD 4 & Men&Movies included. Any .png file above 100px wide or a high quality .jpg is usually OK.

Many thanks for your hard work.

There are a couple of BBC logo's missing. My setup finds BBC 1 & BBC 2 as "BBC ONE Scot" and "BBC TWO Scot" respectively. I just created a couple of copies of other logo's and renamed them. Works a treat.

If you want to update your list.

Thanks again! :)

Will get those renamed so they will be in the next pack.

There probably will be a few logos that don't have the right names if anyone finds any more let me know. :D

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Here is one for FIVE HD which the pack is missing.

Thanks for the overhaul and modernising of the logos.

Robbo100

Attachments

• FIVE HD.png
      FIVE HD.png
      53.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom