Unable to connect any client to MP2 TVServer (1 Viewer)

xben

December 28, 2017
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi,

I posted this thread on Kodi forum as well, in case my issue is Kodi related...

I first tried nextPVR, was unstable to me...
Then I tried ArgusTV, was too slow to me...
Then I tried WMC, crashed all the time...

Now I'm trying MP2, but kodi does not connect to it, even on the same PC where the server is running.

The latest version of TVServerkodi plugin is installed on MP2. There is no error message on kodi. The shares (record/timeshift repositories) are accessible on both clients

I tried on Kodi Krypton 17.6 (android box) and Kodi Leia 18 (PC Win7, on which the server is running), with the same results :

16:57:41.490 T:2556 DEBUG: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Connection state change (1 -> 7)
16:57:41.490 T:2556 DEBUG: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: GetConnectionString:
16:57:41.490 T:2556 DEBUG: PVR - PVR::CPVRClient::cb_connection_state_change - state for connection '' on client 'MediaPortal PVR Client' changed from '1' to '7'
16:57:41.491 T:3952 DEBUG: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
16:57:41.491 T:3952 ERROR: PVR - PVR::CPVRClients::ConnectionStateChange - invalid handler data
16:57:43.533 T:2556 DEBUG: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Connection state change (7 -> 1)
16:57:43.533 T:2556 DEBUG: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: GetConnectionString:
16:57:43.533 T:2556 DEBUG: PVR - PVR::CPVRClient::cb_connection_state_change - state for connection '' on client 'MediaPortal PVR Client' changed from '7' to '1'
16:57:43.561 T:3952 ERROR: PVR - PVR::CPVRClients::ConnectionStateChange - invalid handler data

I tried everything... wifi, wired, disabling Firewall, using IP instead of hostname, disabling IPV6, rebooting, etc etc.. My setup worked fine with NPVR and Argus but using MP2 I can't even try it remotely. I tried mpTVScheduler w/ mpextended and it does not connect too. The only client that is able to connect is the provided MediaPortal2 GUI.

Any idea ?

Thanks!!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Any idea ?
    You need to use an older version of MP2 (or an older version of MP1) if you want to use the TVServerKodi plugin successfully. The most recent version of this plugin is not (yet?) compatible with the most recent version of MP2. As the TVServerKodi plugin is developed in the Kodi community you need to ask there for an updated plugin...

xben

December 28, 2017
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thank you, I will give it a try. What would be the last MP2 version that works with tvserverkodi plugin and kodi client?

Thanks!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What would be the last MP2 version that works with tvserverkodi plugin and kodi client?
    I'm not really sure (don't use Kodi any more) but I think 2.1 final will work... At least this is worth a try.

xben

December 28, 2017
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I just can't believe it worked instantaneously... If only I posted my issue early this week!

thanks a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom