Unable to Create Graph When Watching and Recording at Same Time / HDHR3 (1 Viewer)

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    the 1 thing you did not upload is the TV Server log files that show what is going on inside the TV Server. I have HDHR/ATSC but don't have HDHR Prime/CableCard so I don't know what HDHR debug tools work for those tuners. To get baseline logs, I'd suggest doing the following.

Power cycle HDHR, then reboot the MP server computer so everything gets restarted. Pick 2 TV Channels that work CH1 and CH2 with Tuner0. Use MP to view CH1, for 1-2 minutes, switch to CH2 for 1-2 minutes, then start recording CH2 so Tuner0 is busy with CH2. Use MP to view CH1, now using Tuner1. Make a zipfile with all TV Server log files. What is different in log files between Tuner0/CH1 and Tuner1/CH1?

Not sure how HDHR Setup/Debug tools work with HDHR/Prime tuners, but I'd use HDHR tools to look at setup/config and confirm all 3 tuners are setup the same way, MediaPortal is selected as application, and other HDHR/Prime setup. Also double check the timeshift/recording folders are setup correctly for all 3 tuners.

If you want to try an experiment, use TV Server Config, disable Tuner0 so only Tuner1 and Tuner2 are visible to MP, reboot MP server computer, and see if Tuner1 can access CH1 and CH2. If you do any setup changes/experiments, keep track of what you changed so you know what to undo/fix to restore your baseline setup. Its easy to "outsmart" yourself when you are fiddling around with settings.

Last edited:

looperx

September 19, 2015
    Home Country
    So I was troubleshooting this thing for a good hour or two. I'm thinking I just might be better off with a fresh install again, but I'd kinda like to find a solution for future reference.

I tested all three tuners individually, disabling two at a time. All three tuners are working fine. During the testing, I noticed that even if the tuners are disabled, should the enabled tuner be locked up (due to it previously being used), MP actually uses one of the disabled tuners. Odd.

I ran the test recommended by RonD multiple times, making sure all three tuners were free (by powering on/off the device and restarting the tvservice -- the computer as well if necessary). I'll upload the logs and hopefully something of interest sticks out. During the testing, I was keeping an eye on the tuner status with the Prime webpage (snips uploaded so you know what I'm talking about). Even if 2/3 tuners are free, MP simply refuses to use them -- insisting on the current tuner for watching and recording.

I also tried the "pause card" option in the tv server configuration, but the issue remains. I currently have it setup to stop the card to avoid conflict.

Sorry for the trouble, but it might be worth the effort. There's a lot of us in the states using HDHomeRun devices now, and I doubt I'm the only one running into this issue. I'm no programmer, but I should be adequate for troubleshooting.

I would have preferred to continue the discussion in your previous thread:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/t...hing-and-recording-at-same-time-hdhr3.132128/

Do you still want me to move back to my original post? Sorry. Just figured this was the better place to post the issue.

Attachments

• prime status.JPG
      prime status.JPG
      27.4 KB
    • prime status 2.JPG
      prime status 2.JPG
      63.8 KB
    • prime status 3.jpg
      prime status 3.jpg
      502.7 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So I was troubleshooting this thing for a good hour or two.
    With the greatest respect, this is kind of problem you're going to need help to solve. Trying to solve the problem by yourself is a waste of your time.

I'm thinking I just might be better off with a fresh install again...
    Proper configuration is a must for CableCARD tuners. If you don't have that to start with then you really are wasting your time.

...but I'd kinda like to find a solution for future reference.
    I'll upload the logs and hopefully something of interest sticks out.
    I can see a few problems in the log files you've provided... however you have not provided all the log files, so I'm unable to properly analyse them.

During the testing, I noticed that even if the tuners are disabled, should the enabled tuner be locked up (due to it previously being used), MP actually uses one of the disabled tuners. Odd.
    Did you restart the TV service after disabling/enabling? Those changes don't take effect until you do that.

I also tried the "pause card" option in the tv server configuration, but the issue remains.
    Futile. No chance of that helping.

Do you still want me to move back to my original post? Sorry. Just figured this was the better place to post the issue.
    I do. This thread is not intended to be a catch-all thread for CableCARD tuner support. It was a development/testing thread... and initial development finished approximately 2 years ago.

looperx

September 19, 2015
    Home Country
    For anyone lost, this is a continuation of post 675 from this thread.

With the greatest respect, this is kind of problem you're going to need help to solve. Trying to solve the problem by yourself is a waste of your time.

With the greatest respect, do chill out -- ;). Just trying to avoid wasting your time with careless mistakes.

During the testing, I noticed that even if the tuners are disabled, should the enabled tuner be locked up (due to it previously being used), MP actually uses one of the disabled tuners. Odd.
    Did you restart the TV service after disabling/enabling? Those changes don't take effect until you do that.

I did. I manually stop/start the tvservice just about every time I do a change just to be sure.

I zipped the entire folder of logs this time. I also did the record/watch test again, so it should pop up in the most recent log as well.

Thanks for helping me out. I really do mean it.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    All posts moved here now.

With the greatest respect, do chill out -- ;).
    I'm totally chilled out, and have been all along. Was just trying to offer honest advice. Sorry if it came across aggressively. It wasn't my intention.

Just trying to avoid wasting your time with careless mistakes.
    I appreciate your consideration. Likewise I'm here to try and help you avoid wasting your time. :D

I did. I manually stop/start the tvservice just about every time I do a change just to be sure.
    Okay.
    I have never seen TV Server attempt to use a disabled tuner. I'm not saying I don't believe you - just that it would be incredibly unusual.
    Furthermore, I've looked through all the log files you provided, and I can't see a single instance when any of your PRIME tuners have been disabled. It is easy to check because each time you tune a channel there are log entries like this:
    [collapse]
    [2015-09-23 23:23:18,039] [Log ] [34 ] [INFO ] - Controller: find free card for channel NBC-4
    [2015-09-23 23:23:18,039] [Log ] [34 ] [INFO ] - Controller: find card for channel NBC-4
    [2015-09-23 23:23:18,047] [Log ] [34 ] [INFO ] - Controller: got 1 tuning details for NBC-4
    [2015-09-23 23:23:18,047] [Log ] [34 ] [INFO ] - Controller: channel #1 ATSC:tv:Cable KNBC-36-DTV Freq:457250 ONID:92 TSID:0 SID:3101 PMT:0x3F2 FTA:False LCN:63 phys:63 maj:504 min:0 mod:Mod256Qam
    [2015-09-23 23:23:18,047] [Log ] [34 ] [INFO ] - Controller: card:1 type:RadioWebStream is disabled
    [2015-09-23 23:23:18,048] [Log ] [34 ] [INFO ] - Controller: card:3 type:Analog is disabled
    [2015-09-23 23:23:18,051] [Log ] [34 ] [INFO ] - Controller: card:4 type:Atsc channel not mapped
    [2015-09-23 23:23:18,054] [Log ] [34 ] [INFO ] - Controller: card:6 type:Atsc can tune to channel
    [2015-09-23 23:23:18,055] [Log ] [34 ] [INFO ] - Controller: card:6 type:Atsc users: 0
    [2015-09-23 23:23:18,059] [Log ] [34 ] [INFO ] - Controller: card:5 type:Atsc can tune to channel
    [2015-09-23 23:23:18,059] [Log ] [34 ] [INFO ] - Controller: card:5 type:Atsc users: 0
    [2015-09-23 23:23:18,063] [Log ] [34 ] [INFO ] - Controller: card:7 type:Atsc can tune to channel
    [2015-09-23 23:23:18,063] [Log ] [34 ] [INFO ] - Controller: card:7 type:Atsc users: 0
    [2015-09-23 23:23:18,063] [Log ] [34 ] [INFO ] - Controller: found 3 card(s) for channel[/collapse]

Note that the tuners you've disabled are marked as disabled. Like I said, I can't find any instances where any of your 3 PRIME tuners are disabled.

Ultimately this would be something I would be unable to verify, because the log files can't show me the lights or status page of your PRIME.

I zipped the entire folder of logs this time. I also did the record/watch test again, so it should pop up in the most recent log as well.
    Sorry, I'm not seeing these log files.

Thanks for helping me out. I really do mean it.
    You're welcome. I'm happy to be able to help :)

looperx

September 19, 2015
    Home Country
    Okay.
    I have never seen TV Server attempt to use a disabled tuner. I'm not saying I don't believe you - just that it would be incredibly unusual.

I could swear I saw it, and that I did manually stop-start the tvserver, but now I'm second guessing myself if I did stop-start the server.

Sorry, I'm not seeing these log files.

I must be losing it, because I was also sure I uploaded those zipped logs. :confused:

So, long story short, I figured I'd try out MP2 -- ran into problems. Decided I'm comfortable and prefer MP1 for the time being. Uninstalled everything. Reinstalled MP1, no settings imported. Uninstalled and reinstalled HDHomeRun software as well. Issue was still there :mad:. I disabled the plugins Comskip and Powerscheduler (2/3 of my plugins); left Webepg enabled. Ran the record/watch test, and everything seems to be working fine now. I'm not saying I fixed it, but everything is working again. I re-enabled comskip and powerscheduler -- still issue free. Weird. Powered down and back up -- still issue free.

I'll upload the old logs and the new logs, just in case you still want to look through it; something might stick out for future reference. Hopefully I'll wake up with everything still working. (crosses fingers)

Side note: I might have deleted the most recent zipped logs from the previous installation (where I last said I ran the watch/record test and ran into the same error); but the error should stick out somewhere in those logs.

Thanks again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom