[solved] Unable to map virtual sent keys in the input device management (2 Viewers)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am using a Logitech Harmony Touch in combination with the infrared receiver "IR-WakeupUSB eco" from atric and EventGhost.

Basically it works the following:
    1. The IR receiver receives the signal
    2. EventGhost recognizes the key pressed on the remote control
    3. Based on the recognized remote control key, EventGhost emulates a mapped key combination (e.g. ctrl + a)
    Hope this helps.
    If you need more information, let me know.

Mara
    Thanks, it looks like key press events sent by EventGhost don't contain a HID device description which meant the plugin was ignoring them. I've changed it to allow them. Can you test with the dev build #38 of MP2 2.4 here https://tinyurl.com/ygwxr42r

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    During my tests I detected that the key 'Y' seems not to be assignable, is this intended?
    It is supposed to work. I can't recreate your setup, but if I assign an EG macro to send the 'Y' key it seems to work as expected for me. There's nothing special/different about your Y key action in EG?

marabicudi

Portal Member
    May 24, 2009
    In fact I tried to mapped the key combination 'ctrl + y' to the yellow color button and it is not working for me. I also tried it with 'alt + y' same here, no success.
    Anyway it is not a problem, I can change my mapping in EventGhost, I was just wondering.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Strange, so it seems to work with any other key? What happens if you press that button on the initial device selection dialog? Does it just not register? Wondering whether it thinks it's coming from a different device, in which case it wouldn't register when trying to map for that device, and would show an empty set of mappings when pressing on the device selection dialog.

Last edited:

marabicudi

Portal Member
    May 24, 2009
    I did some further testing and it was wired, it seems that there was something wrong in my EventGhost config with this particular mapping.
    After deletion and recreation of the mapping in EventGhost everything is working now. :)

Thank you very much for your support (y)

joergboe

October 5, 2021
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried to create a key mapping for the iMON PAD and the iMON manager with MP2 2.3.2 and I went into the same problem.
    The iMON PAD rc and the iMON manager sends some events with a HID device description and some virtual events without a HID description.
    (The keys configured in iMON manager (version 8.12.1202) section 'window-controls' are those with the HID description and the key configured in section 'program-controls' are the events without HID description!)
    So it was not possible to create a functional key map for that device.

The problem is resolved with dev build #38 of MP2 2.4. So please take this change into the next release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom