[Music] Unable to play Audio CD. (1 Viewer)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I am unable to play audio cd when use "Play" from the main menu. The error message on the screen is: "Unable to play: Track01.cda. Audio codec:" I can also see the .cda files when I start My Music and point to my CD drive, but get same error message when try to play the file. Windows media player plays same audio CD no problem, the problem is in MediaPortal

Discussed with hwahrmann here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ision-23143-rar-67299/index2.html#post483029;. The cause of the problem is not clear yet.

I am wondering if anybody else has this problem?

TV-Server Version: 1.1 Alpha MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-07-04-2009 09-04h - Revision:23143
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1 Alpha MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-07-04-2009 09-04h - Revision:23143
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide 1.0.1.0
    Windows Version: Windows XP Professional
    CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 1.87GHz
    HDD: WDC SATA-2 80GB; Samsung SATA2, 750GB
    Memory: 4GB DDR2
    Motherboard: Intel DP35DP
    Video Card: ASUS GeForce 9600GT Silent 650MHZ 512MB 1.8GHZ DDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDCP HDTV
    Video Card Driver: 186.18
    Sound Card: IDT High Definition
    Sound Card AC3: Optical out
    Sound Card Driver: 5.10.5790.3
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800, PCIe
    1. TV Card Type: analog, ATSC
    1. TV Card Driver: 1.34.27050.0
    2. TV Card: Twinhan AD-SE200 (1028), PCIe
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    2. TV Card Driver: 1.0.4.6
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPC
    h.264 Video Codec: MPC
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: FTA/Shaw Cable/OTA
    HTPC Case: Custom
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Universal, URC 200
    TV: JVC AV-34WP84 (wide screen CRT, 1080i)
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI or Component Video

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    You've got a lot of exceptions while queryong FreeDB. Seems like something is not ok at your site having the CD assigned to Z:.
    As suggested in the thread you mentioned above, please reassign the Drive Letter again and give it a try.

if this works, then i need to create some special debug version for you.
    As this problem only happens on your site, i can#t too much of debugging here.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thank you very much for your offer. I already tried to change the letter again and it didn't work. In the meantime I have found a simple fix. All I did was I went to the device manager, uninstalled the CD-ROM drive, rebooted the PC, let it recognize the drive, and not it works in MediaPortal as well. I still don't know what happend, but I hope this might help somebody with a similar problem.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Cancel that. The problem is back. I cannot play audio CDs. The error message on the screen is: "Unable to play: Track01.cda. Audio codec:"

Is there a way to get this debugged? Why is the system complaining about codec? I can play CDs on same computer in Windows Media Player, no problem. But not in Media Portal!

By the way, I use a Blu Ray drive: LiteOn iHES108. This should not make a difference, should it?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    just to be 100% sure.
    Can you play CD's with other applications such as WinAmp or WindowsMediaPlayer using the same drive?

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    just to be 100% sure.
    Can you play CD's with other applications such as WinAmp or WindowsMediaPlayer using the same drive?

Yes, I can play CD's with Windows Media Player perfectly fine, no problem. Same PC, same drive. Only MediaPortal cannot read the .cda tracks properly.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    just to be 100% sure.

Yes, I can play CD's with Windows Media Player perfectly fine, no problem. Same PC, same drive. Only MediaPortal cannot read the .cda tracks properly.
    Is the CD copy protected by any chance?
    And does this happen only with specific CD's or "all" (if all, how many have you tried?)?

One last test would be to change Music player from BASS to direct show.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I tried a few CDs and they behave same way. They are factory made CDs, but I am not trying to copy, I am trying to play them.

Thanks to infinityloop, I made an interesting discovery: when I changed the music player from BASS to internal dshow player, I could play CDs! (of course, I lost all those nice features BASS offers).

How can we further troubleshoot this issue?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I tried a few CDs and they behave same way. They are factory made CDs, but I am not trying to copy, I am trying to play them.
    I know. But some copyprotections might even cause a playback issue with bass.
    Just a wild guess, but since it works with the DS player i might be correct? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom