unable to play : audio codec (1 Viewer)

worto03

Portal Member
August 24, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I've been looking around for the last week or so and have found some similar threads but most just seem to say to reinstall the Haali Media Splitter which I've done and I still get the same error.

everything works fine playing movies and series but in mytrailers I always get the error "unable to play : audio codec"

I setup a test rig so I could mess around on it without breaking anything else but the reinstall of Haali Media Splitter worked first time on my test rig! I can't see much diference between the two setups media portal wise although the systems them selves are quite different.

The log files are from my regular HTPC which is an ASROCK ION 330 with a new win7 build.

Thanks for any advice & feel free to give me a kicking if I've done something stupid - I'm a bit new to the whole world of media portal but am very impressed with it so far!
Cheers,
worto.

vect

Portal Member
January 5, 2010
Mainz
Home Country
Germany Germany
i got the same problem, but running mediaportal as administrator didn't help, i', still getting the same message "unable to play: audio codec". is there another solution or do you need an errorlog for further advices? I'm using the latest mp beta with latest my trailers version, running on Win 7. I changed the securityrules for my account to full access, but it didnt work. same starting as administrator.

Installed codecs are: AC3Filter, haali splitter, xvid and core avc

worto03

Portal Member
August 24, 2009
Home Country
Hi,

for me it was a codec issue - I tried the SAF pack from here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/codecs-external-players-55/saf-v4-00beta-standalone-filters-dxva-ready-mpeg2-h-264-vc-1-a-44614/ but after installing it the trailers worked but none of my mkv files worked so I removed it again & removed all codecs from my system then started again one at a time.

It all works now, I'm at work at the mo so can't tell you exactly what codecs I'm using but will post them later if it will help you.

worto.

rank_amateur

Portal Member
January 3, 2009
Home Country
Hi Vect,
I know this sounds wierd but I had exactly the same problem for a couple of weeks. MYtrailers has been working perfectly ever since I'd installed it then all of a sudden it wouldn't play and would just give me a message saying can't play file whatever.mov - no audio codec.
I came across this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...y-filename-video-codec-xvid-57223/index2.html which lead to me disabling subtitles in the main MP configuration and imediately MYtrailers began to work again. Once it was working I was able to re-enable subtitles and still everything works fine. Strange I know but maybe give it a try?
Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom