Unable to play disk (1 Viewer)

providers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi

I just installed mp1 and latest moving pictures.
    I use deamon tool to mount my moves wich are stored in iso/img format
    movingpitures has found my movies in config and I can see them in menu

When I try to start a movie I can see its mountet in deamon toll on drive"K"

but MovingPicures shows
    Unable to play
    Did you insert a disk

the most wierd thing is, it has been working, but suddently it stoped.

hope you guys can help me out.
    merry chrristmas
    /Providers

Codec problem, sorry

FiremanJim

Portal Member
    January 16, 2008
    Hi...

What was the codec problem? All of a sudden I am getting popup windows saying I want to autoplay the disk after Daemon Tools loads. Before I would just play the movie. I'm almost ready to revert back to 2.3.0... and it happens in both Moving Pictures and MyFilms

providers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Im not sure what you meen,
    But if I understand your question right, then you get a popup " do you want to play the movie"?

If so
    have you looked in mp/config/general/deamon tool/ ask befor playing iso/bin files?

rgs.
    Providers

FiremanJim

Portal Member
    January 16, 2008
    Sorry for not replying soon... holidays and all that.

I did find a copy of 2.3.0, uninstalled 1.0 and put 2.3.0 back on. Everything works just as I want and need, with the same settings as 1.0 had. No idea what was up, but something on my system prevented 1.0 from playing ISO files automatically. Same settings were set for playing ISO files thru Daemon tools in both 1.0 and 2.3.0

All is good, I'm happy with 2.3.0 so Happy New Year all...

Ok... I lied. I reverted to 2.3.0 and it does work... but only MyFilms. Moving Pictures still asks if I want to open the disk once Daemon tools loads up the ISO file. When using MyFilms, the ISO file is loaded my MediaPortal, and Nero Showtime opens and autoplays the movie, like it should with no other input required or asked for. Under Moving Pictures, MediaPortal loads the ISO with Daemon Tools, then I get a window saying "a disk is in the drive, do you want to open it". If I say YES, it goes to the file structure of the disk, with the MediaPortal window My Videos. If I click NO, it closes the window and nothing happens. However, if I click play again, this time Nero Showtime opens but does NOT play the movie. I then have to click the play button on Showtime to star the movie. But like I said, the whole thing works fine under MyFilms?!?!?

I'd like to use Moving Pictures as I like the looks with the fanart and the ease of adding movies. MyFilms has fanart with the latest version, but it is not compatible with 2.3.0. If I update to MediaPortal 1.0 then MyFilms does not work either.

Settings for Daemon Tools and movie playback in MediaPortal are the same yet MyFilms works and Moving Pictures does not. I did not see any settings under Advanced in Moving Pictures to play with external program as that is handled by Media Portal itself, correct? The has to be a difference somewhere if one plugin works correct and the other does not... right?

Any ideas? Otherwise I'm going to have to use MyFilms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom