unable to play dx50 or xvid avi files (1 Viewer)

sand

Portal Pro
January 15, 2007
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
I have some avi files of type "xvid" and "dx50".
when i try to play them in MP i get "unable to play video" error ?

other avi files play fine...

help

:mad:

zemitras

February 5, 2009
Same problem here! It's very frustrating!

I have klite codec pack installed. I have tried to reinstall media portal, but no success either... I can't understande why some files with the exactly same codecs info by Gspot play fine and other don't!

Can anyone help please?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    is koepi's xvid installed, even in ffdshows video setting i have xvid set as the codec for the above formats.

If you want system wide support, then uninstall any codecs and install the Vista codec pack (ignore name), you may have to change under avi setting to use gabest splitter, this either means you have corrupt files or your MS splitter is foobar.

sand

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    something very interesting is happening...
    I've just played the start of the movie without problems...
    then i downloaded the subtitles and put them in same directory...
    after that i have pop "unable to play file"

sand

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Finally the solution (at least for me):

deinstall vobsub and at ffdshow vfw and video decoder turn on subtitles...
    all movies play fine now

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
    I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
    Replies
    Views
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
    Replies
    Views
    This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism of working with playlists in online broadcasts. Well, here you need to look at what is happening in the Media Portal player. And find someone who understands how it works.
    This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism...
    I am running the latest "any cpu" version of the Radio Time plugin with MP 1.33 x64 which is working well except some of my...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks again for all the help. I deleted 'BDHandler.dll" from the process folder, and as expected, it no longer appears in the MePo configuration utility. I also downloaded the X86 BDReader plugin that you posted. Renamed the existing files in the MePo folder, and copied the updated files to the MePo folder. For the most part...
    Thanks again for all the help. I deleted 'BDHandler.dll" from the process folder, and as expected, it no longer appears in the...
    I'm not sure that this works on 32-bit, but if I try to play a 4K UHD Blu-ray (Using makeMKV, modified firmware, and AnyDVD HD) the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom