Codecs Unable to play files with DIVX codecs (1 Viewer)

serverhack

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi,

my MP is unable to play files encoded with DIVX, whatever the version is. I can play them with WMP11, but MP says that it's unable to play the DVX5 or DVX3 file.

I have ffdshow installed and DIV4/5/6 and DIV3 set to libavcodec.

Any help?

Thankyou in advance....

Shack

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Shack

Have you installed any other software or is this soully a htpc, reason asked just installed new Samsung software for my phone which installed a load of funbox codecs, which totally screwed my system until I edited there merits to "do not use".

You can check with filmerit (link in sig) unlock padlock to fix errors using the button next to it if any errors only found, merits need to be done individually.

Let us know how you get on

serverhack

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi,

I haven't installed any additional software, my PC is just a HTPC ;D

I'm going with filmerit and let you know.

Thanks!!!

Hello again,

I have test my filters with FilmErit and iy says "0 error among 172 filters", it seems every directshow filter is working properly :(

MP indicates:

"Impossible to play: XXXXX.avi

Video Codec: DIV5 (or DIV3 or even XVid)
    Audio Codec: MPEG Audio Version 1 Layer 3"

In the case with the avi file with DIV3 I can play it with WMP11 without problems, so it seems there's no problem with codecs, isn't it?

I have Haali Splitter with AVI support installed.

REgards and thank you

Shack

Hello again,

i think i know where's the problem, but i don't know how to solve it. If I install Haali Splitter with AVI support i cannot play AVI files encoded with any version of DIVx, but if I install Haali without support of AVI files i can hear the 2 audio tracks on any dual file.

How can i solve this? any idea? As long as I know there's no other splitter for AVI working with WMP11.

Thanks a lot,

SHack

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There have been problems with both the haali and gabest splitters, as the latest Divx codecs have there own splitter, that should work natively.

if in doubt, uninstall all and give hoborg's SAF6 pack a go, that is what i'm currently using, don't forget to pm him to get the unlock key.

serverhack

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hey, thank you very much. I have test with SAF6 pack and everything's going fine

:thanks:

Shack

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom