Unable to play HD-DVD's (1 Viewer)

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
October 5, 2009
Hi,

after reinstalling the latest versions of Media Portal and Moving Pictures and SAF , HD-DVD's can't be played anymore (BRD and DVD just work fine). I just get an "unable to play XXX.evo" message

You'll find my log files attached

Thanks in advance

Maxx

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
From your log:
2010-08-18 13:11:22.378738 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: Check graph connections for: Audio numérique (SPDIF) (Périph

Try default audio renderer...

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
October 5, 2009
Hi hoborg,

first of all, thanks a lot for your help. Just the same used to happen when I had my audio renderer set to default. Still, setting it back this way is a good idea but won't fix my problem.

Matt

Edit : attached, you'll find a graph of MediaPortal trying to render my HD-DVD's main feature.

Attachments

• grarph 3.png
    grarph 3.png
    37.8 KB

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Hi hoborg,

first of all, thanks a lot for your help. Just the same used to happen when I had my audio renderer set to default. Still, setting it back this way is a good idea but won't fix my problem.

Matt

Edit : attached, you'll find a graph of MediaPortal trying to render my HD-DVD's main feature.

I never try any "EVO" video - can you provide small sample?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
October 5, 2009
Thanks hoborg, just installed it. Not much happened.I am suppose to configure something after you added the evo definition?

maxx_nantes

Portal Pro
October 5, 2009
Yes, it works fin in graphstudio and plays from within mediaportal (only no sound but we can fix it later). But still no luck with genuine hd dvd's

I may have found a trail. Playing the same file from my optical player and ripped on my HDD does not give me the same result (tried it with an evo file from "King of California", probably a trailer):
-from my HDD : unable to play XXX.evo Video codec : VC-1, Audio codec : AC3
-from the genuine hd dvd : unable to play XXX.evo

None will be rendered in graphstudio

PS : I made my tests from within MediaPortal Video player, not Moving Pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom