Unable to play Recorded TV unless Live TV is watched first (2 Viewers)

Zepman

Portal Member
July 28, 2010
[edit2]
The problem has been found. When the MiniDisplay is enabled and configured, the mentioned problems will occur. Read this post for more information.
[/edit2]

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0
MediaPortal Skin: blue3wide
Windows Version: Windows 7 x64
CPU Type: AMD Athlon X2 240e
HDD: 500 GB SATA (32GB partition with ~16 GB of free space)
Memory: 2GB DDR2
Motherboard: Asrock AOD790GX/128M
Video Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 240
Video Card Driver: 258.96 (stable/WHQL)
Sound Card: C-Media CMI8788
Sound Card AC3: N/A
Sound Card Driver: 7.12.8.1777
1. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy C PCI HD
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 1.1.1.502 (TechniSat)
2. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy C PCI HD
2. TV Card Type: DVB-C
2. TV Card Driver: 1.1.1.502 (TechniSat)
3. TV Card: N/A
3. TV Card Type: N/A
3. TV Card Driver: N/A
4. TV Card: N/A
4. TV Card Type: N/A
4. TV Card Driver: N/A
MPEG2 Video Codec: Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder
h.264 Video Codec: Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Ziggo, Netherlands
HTPC Case: Antec Fusion Remote
Cooling: N/A
Power Supply: Be Quiet! Straight Power E6 350 Watt
Remote: N/A
TV: N/A
TV - HTPC Connection: N/A

The same bug which was reported in this thread is still present in 1.1.0 final. This was tested on a clean Windows 7 x64 installation with no codecs installed (other than provided by Microsoft and Team MediaPortal).

Attached are two MediaPortal log collections. The first one was created by starting MediaPortal and by trying to play a recorded file (which fails). MediaPortal reports: "Unable to play, Video codec: MPEG VIDEO VERSION 2, Audio codec: MPEG AUDIO VERSION 1 LAY...".

The second one was made by starting MediaPortal, watching Live TV for a few seconds before playing the same recorded file again (which succeeds).

[edit]
The above report was made without using RTSP ('usertsp' is 'no' in MediaPortal.xml and two paths are added for Timeshifting and Recorded TV usage over SMB using mounted drives). Two new attachments are added for the default situation of MediaPortal (no 'usertsp' at all in MediaPortal.xml and no added paths). The symptoms are the same, only the error which MediaPortal gives when playing Recorded TV directly is different: "Unable to play: 64C5E4ED". If another file is used for the same test, the value after 'Unable to play' changes.

zanlation

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Home Country
I can also confirm that this bug is present. I am also using Win7x64. I did a clean install of MP 1.1.0 final to see if it fixed the problem ... which it did not. I have tried changing video and audio codecs (Cyberlink PDVD 9/10, Microsoft DTV-DVD and Ffdshow).

dali01

Portal Member
March 22, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I also have the same problem. Clean installation on Win 7 Ultimate x64.

lhcomputer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Unable to play Recorded TV unless Live TV is watched first

Das Problem besteht schon in früheren RC Versionen.
    Ich konnte es aber in letzter Zeit nicht mehr reproduzieren und habe es daher nicht gepostet.
    Habe es nach diesen Eintrag und Entrag im Bugreport Forum noch einmal getestet.
    Problem ist wieder vorhanden.

A.Herberg

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Rather than watching live TV, what happens if you try to play a recording and it fails, then you hit stop and try again with the same recording? Does it play the second time?

Mark

Zepman

Portal Member
    July 28, 2010
    Rather than watching live TV, what happens if you try to play a recording and it fails, then you hit stop and try again with the same recording? Does it play the second time?
    The exact same error appears. I will post the logs for the mentioned situation (start Recorded TV -> fail -> start Recorded TV -> fail) within twelve hours.

Zepman

Portal Member
    July 28, 2010
    Alright. Here is the log. I tried (without starting Live TV first) to play the file three times, which gave the exact same error. I also tried playing another file after that, which also failed.

Zepman

Portal Member
    July 28, 2010
    This is the same issue as this one: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-2-496/problem-playing-recorded-tv-rc2-80906/

In the linked thread a user just discovered that disabling MiniDisplay plugin fixed the issue. Are you using MiniDisplay plugin?
    If yes, try disabling it to see if the issue is fixed.
    I already mentioned that thread in my first post, but did not read about the MiniDisplay issues... I'm gonna check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom