Unable to play some mp3 songs (1 Viewer)

motets

June 22, 2004
I just installed the lates v1.01. Previously running v0.23

Problem: Some (not all) of my mp3 collection can't be played by Media Portal.
When I try to play them message appear:
"Unable to play xxxx.mp3. Audio codec:"

I'm using WinXP SP3 and WMP11. Those mp3 files can be played back in WMP11 (so this means the coded is ok). All my mp3 have the same bitrate (192 Hz) and setting so not sure why some can't be played by MP.

With previous version of MP this is not a problem.

Appreciate any help here...

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hello to all, as requested by doskabouter I created the log and before posting it, I went through and one line caught my attention, apparently my music database had a problem. So I deleted (rename) and recreated the database, as I have a lot of tracks in my collection (+/- 90000 songs) I hate do do this because it's very longer but...
Hello to all, as requested by doskabouter I created the log and before posting it, I went through and one line caught my attention...
Hello to all I have been using MP for many years and my system had become +/- unstable, it was time to refresh it. So I...
Replies
Views
"Sometimes" when I am playing a playlist with the TV on I notice that the screen becomes frozen. The on screen playlist doesn't show the songs advancing through the list. i.e. the currently playing song doesn't match the name of the on screen song. MP still plays the playlist ok but the screen just stops showing the correct song...
"Sometimes" when I am playing a playlist with the TV on I notice that the screen becomes frozen. The on screen playlist doesn't...
"Sometimes" when I am playing a playlist with the TV on I notice that the screen becomes frozen. The on screen playlist doesn't...
Replies
Views
Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
I've just upgraded the motherboard, CPU, ram, boot drives and PSU in my TV Server (always on), and am now having intermittent...
Replies
Views
The throuble is here: The 'why' is a different question. Your server log has unfortunately been taken in INFO mode. You can switch the log level in the Client settings (see 'General'). Please try a restart of the MP2 Server Service under Windows Services. The service will be stopped and restarted, may take some time. Then check if...
The throuble is here: The 'why' is a different question. Your server log has unfortunately been taken in INFO mode. You can...
With which version of MediaPortal did you encounter the problem? MediaPortal Version: 2.2.3 Describe the Problem you encounter...
Replies
Views
Nice find there Mr Henry. Wish I had that guide when I stumbled through the driver nightmare that is this device. Attached my copy of the driver zip in case the external web version disappears one day. There is also the option in Device Manager to roll back the automatically installed Microsoft driver (2009/2010) to the working...
Nice find there Mr Henry. Wish I had that guide when I stumbled through the driver nightmare that is this device. Attached my copy...
Hello, I have 3x Realtek RTL2832U usb DVB-T tuners in my MP1 TV Server. They appear as REALTEK DTV Filter with unique card IDs and...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom