"Unable to play Stream 1.0" when trying to watch Live TV (1 Viewer)

badger_fruit

Portal Member
August 18, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: Default
Windows Version: XP
CPU Type: P4
HDD: 40GB
Memory: 1GB
Motherboard: Not sure
Video Card: 6200
Video Card Driver: Nvidia latest
Sound Card: Soundmax

Hello all
I'm getting rather frustrated with MP, since installed I have not been able to get it to watch live tv at all!
My setup is pretty straight forward:-

Windows XP SP3 computer in loft with Freecom USB TV card - configured as the master backend server and able to view previews of channels, hear sound and see the video perfectly fine.

Windows XP SP3 computer in lounge connected to TV.
Both have 1.0.2 installed.

Whenever I click onto Watch TV > TV On, I get the error "Unable to play: Stream1.0" and then underneath that "Audio codec:"

I used to have Klite 5.10 pack on but a previous post advised I remove that in order to avoid conflicts. I did this and rebooted the PC to be sure. I then removed and re-installed MP1.0.2.

Now, if I play an AVI file, it plays OK, if I listen to an MP3/FLAC/OGG file, it again plays fine (WMP) so I don't think it's because I don't have ANY codecs installed on the system.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do next please?

RobertinoM

Portal Pro
March 7, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
had the same issue on sometimes on sat channels

but with swthing tv on and off it was tuning fine and worked again.. it looked to me like a bad received signal.

regards robertino

badger_fruit

Portal Member
August 18, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all
I did some trouble shooting last night and discovered the noobish problem!
I had specified IP address for the streaming server but a fault on the network card in the server a day or three ago meant that I had to change it and forgot to re-assign the new card to the same IP address (it had also invalidated the streaming IP set up in the back-end).

Removed and re-created that, sorted out the IP address and BINGO! Live TV on the Client PC!
Regards to all

ozzieal

August 10, 2011
Hi Badger_fruit,

I seem to be expereincing a similar issues probably with a later version I get unable to play 2.0 stream.

I thought about the IP address because it is set to DHCP but could not find a settings in MP to change/check IP address.

How did you do it?? I can only see a Host name for the HTPC no IP reference. I know how to do it at an OS level but felt the app probably needs pointing... maybe??? :(

Thks,
Ozzieal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom