Unable to play: stream2.0 failure on remote clients. (1 Viewer)

GuruSR

Portal Member
November 17, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2.0
Server/Client Windows Version: Windows XP (32-bit) SP3
Server Motherboard: Intel DG33TL
Server Sound Card: Intel IDT HD Audio (onboard, part of DG33TL chipset)
Server 1. TV Card: Kworld ATSC-330U
Server 1. TV Card Type: Analog (does not work with 1.1.2.0) & ATSC
Server 1. TV Card Driver: 5.7.112.0

Client on the server machine has no troubles with the stream.

Having VLC ready to play the stream2.0, clicking "Turn On" and pressing play on VLC plays the stream without headaches in VLC, but Media Portal will not play the stream period, it will on the server. I thought it could be a missing codec, but all these machines have the latest codec packs.

Server logs are the later timed log file.

GuruSR.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    2010-12-08 10:11:43.520300 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Failed filter: not found
    2010-12-08 10:11:43.530315 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Failed filter: not found
    2010-12-08 10:11:44.000992 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: TSReaderPlayer: Failed vmr9 not connected
    2010-12-08 10:11:44.031035 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: TSReaderPlayer:GetInterfaces() failed

I would try and play the file with Graphstudio.

GuruSR

Portal Member
    November 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    2010-12-08 10:11:43.520300 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Failed filter: not found
    2010-12-08 10:11:43.530315 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Failed filter: not found
    2010-12-08 10:11:44.000992 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: TSReaderPlayer: Failed vmr9 not connected
    2010-12-08 10:11:44.031035 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: TSReaderPlayer:GetInterfaces() failed

I would try and play the file with Graphstudio.

VLC plays the stream fine, as I said above. Clicked TV On, clicked Play in VLC, up came the stream just fine. I'm beginning to wonder if the stand-alone client installation is missing important files to make it operate properly.

Tried Graphstudio, unable to connect to stream.

GuruSR.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    If Graphstudio can't play the file you have a codec issue. VLC doesn't use Windows merit codecs, like Media Player Classic or MediaPortal.

GuruSR

Portal Member
    November 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    If Graphstudio can't play the file you have a codec issue. VLC doesn't use Windows merit codecs, like Media Player Classic or MediaPortal.

It's not a file! The actual TV stream will not play. I already talked in the IRC with someone who told me this does appear to be a problem. I myself think there may be an issue with the client stand-alone installation that's not installing something needed for the client (it could just be that simple), as the codec list on both the server and the clients are identical, with the obvious changes caused by hardware (as in audio).

Graphstudio simply failed to open the stream (it was a connection error, not a codec error).

GuruSR.

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Unable to play: stream2.0 failure on remote clients.

yeah I see that quite regularly also, since I upgraded my server to win7.
    The stream however is started on the server, because when I chose a different channel the stream usually starts with the "old" channel timeshifting....

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I see. Are you using RTSP? I don't, and I have two clients and one server alle running W7 64-bit and never had that problem.

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Unable to play: stream2.0 failure on remote clients.

no, I am using RTSP, but it also happens whe using unc

GuruSR

Portal Member
    November 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: AW: Unable to play: stream2.0 failure on remote clients.

yeah I see that quite regularly also, since I upgraded my server to win7.
    The stream however is started on the server, because when I chose a different channel the stream usually starts with the "old" channel timeshifting....

Well, some of the other errors were frame sync mismatches (hundreds of them). It was trying to play the stream and about 5 seconds later it fails, it's not an immediate failure.

No matter what channel I tried, the stream failed on more than one machine. I took the same RTSP from VLC and tried it in Graph Studio (fails instantly with a connection error), the only thing I did not try was Media Player Classic, but the test I was told to do included VLC, so I did, and it played the stream, so the stream works, just Media Portla won't show it, means a codec that it's supposed to use is either missing (meaning it's installed with the server and not the client). The server also has commercial codecs (mpeg 2's, AC3 Digital Dolby, etc). The filter not found error is rather vague (like what filter is/was it looking for)! If it gave me a name to go after, I could look to see if it failed to wind up on the client install, the codec list is identical minus some commercial ones (which makes it hard to tell just exactly whats been added by the installation). I guess I could just rip the installation apart and look at the scripts.

GuruSR.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Do you have logs from the client playing(also set the log type to debug in MP Config -> General -> Log Verbosity) & which codecs do you use?

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom