Unable to play videos (1 Viewer)

Keneo

Portal Pro
August 28, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
Is it just me? It seems half of the online video sites are not working.
I am new to this plugin, so maybe I haven't set it up completely yet.

Here are the results of my attempts to play videos on th first 17 english language video sites.

1. YouTube works
2. SouthParkWorld: Unable to play the video: NO URL
3. Miro: Unable to play : <filename> and Unable to play the video: NO URL
4. MetaCafé Unable to play the video: NO URL
5. DailyMotion: works
6. Live Video: works
7. Game Trailers: Unable to lpay: <filename>
8. iTunes Movie trailers: Unable to play <filename>
9. Break works
10. Screw attack works
11. Sesame Street works
12. ThatGuyWithTheGlasses works
13. Cinemasacre works
14. College Humor can’t even get into the category folders
15. 5min unable to play <filename>
16. CNN unable to play <filename>
17. VeryFunnyAds unable to play <filename>

tonyrums

October 7, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Well you have had better luck than I... I've tried every single one of mine and nothing works... Every time I get the same error - Unable to play URL:

I'm thinking it has something to do with codecs

Sticks

Portal Member
October 14, 2010
Home Country
Hi Keneo and Tonyrums,
I'm pretty new to MP and Online Video is the first plugin I've tried to use. The title of this post describes the problem I had exactly so it kept turning up when I searched for a solution. Maybe posting my solution here will help someone, if not either of you.

I got most videos playing by installing offbyone's FLVSplitter special build for HTTP Stream. I'm far from sure that this was the best approach but it worked for me.

I suspect the best approach for most users would be to install the SAF (Stand Alone Filter) "All-in-1 MP Codec Solution". I'm a bit reluctant to install it myself because I'm trying MP out on my personal computer rather than a dedicated TVPC. The SAF instructions recommend uninstalling any players & codecs packs before installing SAF. I'm using several video editors and players with all working pretty well so I don't want to take a chance on mucking things up on this PC. I do plan to build a new TVPC soon and will give SAF a go on it.

I hope this post is helpful to someone.

tonyrums

October 7, 2010
Home Country
I should have posted a response when I figured it out, but it was just that I needed to install the correct codecs. I installed the SAF codecs and eveerything works fine... now I'm gonna go post about why MP does not come back on unless I open the lid to the laptop

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom