unable to send multiple movies back to the importer (1 Viewer)

Statick

Portal Pro
December 25, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
as the title says. in the past, i used to be able to shift-click a bunch of movies and send them back to the importer to re-import them. now, if more than one movie is selected, the button to send back to importer is greyed out. re-importing 250+ movies is now not very much fun at all.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    as the title says. in the past, i used to be able to shift-click a bunch of movies and send them back to the importer to re-import them. now, if more than one movie is selected, the button to send back to importer is greyed out. re-importing 250+ movies is now not very much fun at all.

If your goal is to re-import, then you obviously do not care about the watched flags, as you would have otherwise refreshed the scraper data. I also made use of the method to mass-send it back to the importer on occasion when testing a different scraper script, so I'm sad to see the support for that go. However there is an easy alternative method that you could use, and that is to simply move the files outside of the import folder range.

Say you have "D:\Movies" configured as import path, then you just CTRL+A all the files+folders inside "D:\Movies" and move them (CTRL+X and then CTRL+V them) to "D:\Temp" (or root even). You do this with MovingPictures open at the Movie Details tab, and in a short while you will see that all the movies are automatically removed. This can take from a split second to a few minutes depending on how fast your computer is.

Once they are all removed, you then repeat the process in reverse to move all the files+folders back, and they will all be picked up by MovingPictures plugin inside the Movie Importer tab. This will then re-import them with your new scraper setup.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Weird. Can you please file a bug report on our issue tracker? And I will try to get it fixed for the next release.

Statick

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ok will do!

If your goal is to re-import, then you obviously do not care about the watched flags, as you would have otherwise refreshed the scraper data. I also made use of the method to mass-send it back to the importer on occasion when testing a different scraper script, so I'm sad to see the support for that go. However there is an easy alternative method that you could use, and that is to simply move the files outside of the import folder range.

Say you have "D:\Movies" configured as import path, then you just CTRL+A all the files+folders inside "D:\Movies" and move them (CTRL+X and then CTRL+V them) to "D:\Temp" (or root even). You do this with MovingPictures open at the Movie Details tab, and in a short while you will see that all the movies are automatically removed. This can take from a split second to a few minutes depending on how fast your computer is.

Once they are all removed, you then repeat the process in reverse to move all the files+folders back, and they will all be picked up by MovingPictures plugin inside the Movie Importer tab. This will then re-import them with your new scraper setup.

thanks for this. indeed, i do not care about watched flags for movies (i do for tv series so i know where i'm at!). i'll try this in future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom