Unable to start timeshifting 'error' (1 Viewer)

Glenn UK

Portal Member
July 3, 2009
Basildon, Essex
Home Country
England England
Hi All

I have MP which i downloaded recently (maybe a couple of weeks ago or so) installed on a pc running Win XP pro SP3. I have had MP working well, i dont typically watch tv on the PC but use it for recording and use the EPG for this which has been working well.

However, i wanted MP to bring my pc put of standby to record then go back into standby when finished so enabled the power plugin thinking this would allow this functionality.

Now the issues, when i try to get the PC to go into standby (which i presume is sleep in MP) nothing happens. I previousley used the software supplied with my Compro videomate s350 caard which would function as i wanted/expected in this respect without problems. Incidentally that software did not have a function to put the pc into standby initially so i used the WinXP functions for tis. The software would then bring the pc in/out of standby mode based on the schedules/commands selected independantly without my intervention.

But the I cannot get MP to perform in the same way.

Now when i open MP i get the message unable to start timeshiffting and its not recording from the scheduled programmes.

So 2 questions

1, how do i get back to a situation with MP where it will record (ie remove the issue causing the unable to start timeshifting message)?

and 2, how do i get MP to bring the pc out of sleep (standby?) mode to record?

Thanks for any help.

Glenn

Glenn UK

Portal Member
July 3, 2009
Basildon, Essex
Home Country
England England
thanks for all the help I now am using For the Record To record seems to have solved the problems. pc xcomes out of and goes into sleep mode no problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom