Unable to start timeshifting - No free card available (1 Viewer)

scrappy.doo

Portal Pro
September 5, 2005
TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC1 svn-06-13-2008--23-32-Rev19376
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC1 svn-06-13-2008--23-32-Rev19376
MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate SP1 - 32bit
CPU Type: Intel Core2Duo
HDD: 160 gig maxtor
Memory: 2gb
Motherboard: ASUS P5B-VM SE
Video Card: nvidia 7650gs
Video Card Driver: forceware 169.25
Sound Card: onboard
Sound Card AC3: onboard
Sound Card Driver: latest
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 4.5n
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD 7.x
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD 7.x
h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD 7.x
Satelite/CableTV Provider: @Home/Ziggo
HTPC Case: Advance
Cooling: Zalman
Power Supply: standard 350W atx
Remote: Harmony 525
IR Receiver: eHome
TV: Panasonic TH-42PY70
TV - HTPC Connection: hdmi

Sometimes when I want to change channels I get the following error: Unable to start timeshifting - No free card available.
I've only got a single tuner so it looks that for some reason it's locked to the current channel. Strange thing is that although it can happen with any channel I always get this message when I want to switch from Nederland 1 (dutch tv channels happens to be the first one in my list) to another channel.
Things I try to fix it (without restarting MP):
1) turnof TV, goto TV-Streams, sometimes there's a stream and when I select it it's all ok.
2) turnof TV, goto the TV guide (still with tv disabled), change to another channel while tv is still off.

any idea? it's annoying my gf like hell ;)

turkeysnwch

Portal Member
June 24, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am new to tv server so I may not be much help, but when I was setting up mine on Monday I was having the same problem. What I did was go in to the tv server config and test each channel using the preview to figure out which ones actually worked. I found the preview option in the config much more stable then doing it within media portal. What happened to me was that my card picked up a set of digital channels that I do not get reception to at my house so I removed them from MP. You may be possibly having the same problem.

scrappy.doo

Portal Pro
September 5, 2005
Well like I said I'm having this problem when I try to switch away from a specific channel (no switching to). It used to occur at random times, but lately it really seems related to that one channel (Nederland 1). So I can definitely view that channel I just cannot switch away from it which is pretty strange.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Deleted your cross post, please do not do this as it causes confusion and does not increase your chance of getting a reply.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom