Unable to Tune new Freesat HD Channels such as BBC Four HD and BBC Three HD (1 Viewer)

RobAtBentley

Portal Pro
July 31, 2013
Suffolk
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Jonm, You may well be right about the sharing but still doesn't explain why, on the broken PC, I can't find BBC Four HD or BBC Three HD after 7pm. ...but on my other 2 installations i can! ...unless it's just not adding the post-7pm channel name variants after a re-tune.
I'll give the tuning another go this evening with the debug level logging and post them here.

TheBatfink, thanks for the info re MySQL fix. Will give it a go when I've exhausted all debugging options.

RobAtBentley

Portal Pro
July 31, 2013
Suffolk
Home Country
Thanks for info Jasmeet_181. Hadn't looked into finding a workaround just yet as I really need a solution to the problem (if I can find one). ...but will consider this if all else fails;-)

RobAtBentley

Portal Pro
July 31, 2013
Suffolk
Home Country
Okay. I did a re-tune post-7pm which still couldn't add BBC Four HD or BBC Three HD to my list of channels. Attached the relevant debug-level logs for info.
May do an upgrade to MP1.6 to see if that makes any difference. ...but for sometime tomorrow.

RobAtBentley

Portal Pro
July 31, 2013
Suffolk
Home Country
Updated my MP1.5 to 1.6 and attempted a re-tune (before 7pm) but still no CBBC HD/BBC Three HD or CBeebies HD/BBC Four HD in my channel list. I'll post a debug log-file if anyone thinks it'd be of any use. For anyone jumping to the end of this discussion: looks like I have tuned successfully to the new BBC HD channels; they're just not appearing in my channel list.

RobAtBentley

Portal Pro
July 31, 2013
Suffolk
Home Country
Some success! had to use XAMPP/phpMyAdmin SQL tools to remove all BBC Four HD/CBeebies HD and BBC Three HD/CBBC HD rows from table tuningdetail as well as repairing this and other tables which seemed to have warnings associated with some of them that 5 (or more) users still connected to tables. I assume these users were still linked dues to various uncontrolled shutdowns I've experienced due to power-cuts in the last couple of weeks. Thanks to Jasmeet_181 who mentioned the SQL dbase repair options.

Anyway, re-ran the tuning and the (pre-7pm) CBeebies HD & CBBC HD channels miraculously appeared in my MPTV Server channel list (and , consequently, now also appear in table channels). Hoping that a re-tune after 7pm will provide the BBC HD channel name equivalents (of CBeebies HD & CBBC HD) as per my other PC setups otherwise I'll rename manually. Now to get my EPGCollector sorted for these channels but, as they say, that's another story.

Getting there...

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Glad it worked.

But seriously the best EPG solution for DVBS in my opinion is to use DJBlus MPversion. You don't even have to do all this channel scanning malarky. It finds all channels / deals with new channels and closures / sorts all channels as per a sky epg / can even sort area localisation / series link recording / full EPG (exactly same as sky epg) etc all fully automatically.

Its that good, if he stopped producing it, I would immediately stop using MP for TV because there simply is no alternative EPG solution that isn't a pain in the ass (at least to set up) in my experience! - and thats forgetting all the additional features it brings.

RobAtBentley

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2013
    Suffolk
    Home Country
    Thanks. I'll have a look into DJBlus as EPGCollector is a bit finicky.
    ...and my post-7pm scan found the BBC Four and Three HD channels, so all working again. Pesky power-cuts probably caused this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom