[confirm] Unable to use tv section after upgrade to RC2 (1 Viewer)

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MediaPortal Version: MP 1.1 Beta
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Wide
Windows Version: Vista SP1
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 775 1333FSB 2.66Ghz 4MB
HDD: 2x Samsung spinpoint 500GB
Memory: 2x Kingston DDR2 ValueRAM 1GB 667 CL5.0
Motherboard: Asus P5K
Video Card: NVIDIA 9600
Video Card Driver: latest
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3: AC3 and DTS: S/PDIF
Sound Card Driver: latest
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: latest
2. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR500
2. TV Card Type: analog
2. TV Card Driver: latest
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD SAF unlocked
MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3Filter/ffdshow SAF unlocked
h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD SAF unlocked
Satelite/CableTV Provider: CAIWAY
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC17b
Cooling: fans
Power Supply: ANTEC
Remote: Microsoft MCE 2005 remote
TV: Panasonic TH-42PZ85
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI-HDMI

Unfortunately after my update from RC1 to RC2 thewhole tv section is messed up! Watching tv has become impossible, tv guide gives the message ´Label Missing´ etc. The update seemed to do allrigh, until I started MP after the installation. It couldn´t find the server anymore, MP tray didn´t work anymore. After a restart MPtray worked again but still the server could not be found. After entering the tv server config, the tv server was foud henI started MP, but now the label was missing for the tv guide and watching tv was impossible. :mad:
Attached the logs.
Is there a way to revert to RC1 or was this also forgotten in the RC2 version??:mad:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    At least lot of HTPCInfo Plugin related errors in the logs. Please try uninstalling it first.

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nope, didn´t help a thing. :(
    I uninstalled all plugins but still after starting up MP, the tv guide gives ´Label missing´.
    Also in the config no tv card can be selected in the mapping section and all of the sudden all cards were activated again in the TV/server section of the config, even though I deactivated 3 of the 4 cards in RC1
    The upgrade just messed everything up.

And it´s a real shame that the ability to revert back to RC1 backup has been forgotten... :mad:

I was so happy to see RC2 was out because of the hangups that occured in RC1 in the tv section, but now I can start all over ...again :mad:
    I´m sorry, but it´s just a bit frustrating when you think you improve something and it just makes things worse instead

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I see that you started TVService before running SetupTV. Have you restarted TVService since then? (in the logs TVService was not restarted)

justsomeguy

April 15, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have the exact same problem. This was my very first time installing MP and installed the 1.1.0 RC2. Uninstalled and installed the 1.02 stable release and it works fine.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    kkendall, for your information.

Using :mad: :rolleyes: :mad: :mad: :mad: in your report does not help a bit.
    Nor does it encourage anyone to help you.

You are testing release candidates here.
    They are not supposed to be bug free - nor is it recommended to use them on productive systems (just read the release news!).
    You are testing them on your own risk.

That you should always keep in mind when you write reports. Stay objective and leave out that frustration stuff.

:D

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Totally off-topic ofcourse. Ghehehe...
    What you write is 100% true ofcourse. Alas the fact of life is 80% of the people in the world are not aware of this (or dont care).
    It is always difficult to write a text without calling an emotional response. In 1-on-1 verbal discussions it is difficult enough not to misunderstand eachother, let alone reading/writing text. No facial expressions, no humor, no sarcasme is visible in text. Only the readers own interpertation / imagination is available, which is even influenced by his/her own emotional state. I have sort of accepted it or read through it, and I think it helps me not to respond with emotions.

Weird stuff huh, humanbrain and emotions.... We're all suffering from it. :D Come to think of it like that, a forum is a terrible to place be. But I like it anyways. Atleast here I do.
    Keep up the great work. It is very much appreciated by me and my wife. She is finally trusting MP now and using it a bit more.

On-topic.
    For me RC2 is working ok. At first I had trouble connecting to TV server as well. The host ID had to be replaced by the IP. Once I did that, the problem was gone. Before that I had to tell McAfee firewall to "Trust" the outgoing connection from MediaPortal.exe. It was blocking all in/outgoing traffic from server/client. That is in single seat mode even. Maybe you can check that, see if that is the source of the problem. New and fresh mediaportal.exe file could mean new rights have to be given to MP.exe in the firewall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom