UnableToStartGraph on High-Band channels with SkyStar2 (1 Viewer)

sofian

Portal Member
February 26, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Everything was fine, and now I can't tune in. I'm not sure, but maybe updated BDA drivers (a >week ago, but I don't remember if it caused this behavior). I read posts with similar problems, and nothing works (see logs with different LNB settings).

1. I have another tuner on same cable- working fine.
2. ProgDvb hangs on start (was ok before), but is able to tune-in.
3. MediaPortal was not updated (now updated to SVN version of Tv Server) and everything was great.
4. Yes, I'm using mdplugs, but tried a clean install without with same result.
5. I installed clean XPSP3 with latest drivers and MPRC2- same problem.
6. Sometimes I can tune-in, but really don't know why! Today I managed to tune-in 2 or 3 times, but without any reason. If you need, I can try and try and send you a 'success' log.

I need your help:

- where can I download older versions of BDA drivers for SkyStar2?
- do you think a new LNB can solve this problem? (have 1-year-old LNB, quite cheap)
- do you know other users having the same of similar problems after updating to latest BDA drivers?
- can I use 'default' drivers for Skystar2? What about performance comparing to BDA? Are 'normal' SkyStar2 drivers fully supported?

Thanks for your help!

TV-Server Version: 0.9.2.20010
MediaPortal Version: 0.9.2.19657
MediaPortal Skin: Indigo
Windows Version: 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp2_sp2_qfe.070227-2300)
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64, 1800MHz
HDD: Samsung HD501LJ(500GB), Samsung SP0802N(80GB), Maxtor 6Y120P0(100GB)
Memory: 4xCorsair Value Select VS512MB400, Dual Channel Mode
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8NS-Ultra-939, nForce 3
Video Card: MSI NX7600GS (512MB, DX0.9c)
Video Card Driver: ForceWare 169.21
Sound Card: Realtek ALC850
Sound Card AC3: no hardware AC3
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.6270
1. TV Card: Technisat SkyStar 2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: BDA 4.4.3
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: NVidia Pure Video
MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3Filter
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: X10
TV: Sony Wide CRT
TV - HTPC Connection: S-Video (1280x720x32)

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Everything was fine, and now I can't tune in. I'm not sure, but maybe updated BDA drivers (a >week ago, but I don't remember if it caused this behavior). I read posts with similar problems, and nothing works (see logs with different LNB settings).

1. I have another tuner on same cable- working fine.
    2. ProgDvb hangs on start (was ok before), but is able to tune-in.
    3. MediaPortal was not updated (now updated to SVN version of Tv Server) and everything was great.
    4. Yes, I'm using mdplugs, but tried a clean install without with same result.
    5. I installed clean XPSP3 with latest drivers and MPRC2- same problem.
    6. Sometimes I can tune-in, but really don't know why! Today I managed to tune-in 2 or 3 times, but without any reason. If you need, I can try and try and send you a 'success' log.

I need your help:

- where can I download older versions of BDA drivers for SkyStar2?
    - do you think a new LNB can solve this problem? (have 1-year-old LNB, quite cheap)
    - do you know other users having the same of similar problems after updating to latest BDA drivers?
    - can I use 'default' drivers for Skystar2? What about performance comparing to BDA? Are 'normal' SkyStar2 drivers fully supported?

Thanks for your help!

TV-Server Version: 0.9.2.20010
    MediaPortal Version: 0.9.2.19657
    MediaPortal Skin: Indigo
    Windows Version: 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp2_sp2_qfe.070227-2300)
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64, 1800MHz
    HDD: Samsung HD501LJ(500GB), Samsung SP0802N(80GB), Maxtor 6Y120P0(100GB)
    Memory: 4xCorsair Value Select VS512MB400, Dual Channel Mode
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8NS-Ultra-939, nForce 3
    Video Card: MSI NX7600GS (512MB, DX0.9c)
    Video Card Driver: ForceWare 169.21
    Sound Card: Realtek ALC850
    Sound Card AC3: no hardware AC3
    Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.6270
    1. TV Card: Technisat SkyStar 2
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    1. TV Card Driver: BDA 4.4.3
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: NVidia Pure Video
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3Filter
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: X10
    TV: Sony Wide CRT
    TV - HTPC Connection: S-Video (1280x720x32)

you need to install this hotfix after installing SP3..

[Patch] Multi DVB Tuner Issue and channel-scan crash - Windows XP - MediaPortal Forum

then it should work ..

good luck

sofian

Portal Member
    February 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Both XPs have this patch applied. I noticed this problem with new XPSP3 installation first, then came back to my old xp and updated BDA drivers (already downloaded for new xp, so it was easy). I think this caused this issue. Somebody can send me old BDA drivers please? I can downgrade to 'old fasioned' SkyStar2 driver, but want to know if TvServer supports it.

Thanks!

blaudden

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    What is the problem? Please describe

Sorry, I was reading too quick :(

Haven't checked the code yet, but you most likely suffer from the problem where Diseqc commands are sent altough you have selected "None" in Tv Server Config. We should compile a custom TvLibrary.dll to you. The problem has been confirmed with Twinhan and Hauppauge. You have a different card, but still feels like the same problem. Check GregorV and Milagroso posts.

sofian

Portal Member
    February 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks blaudden.

I read all posts about this problem, tried everything without success. I think it's something with new BDA drivers for Skystar- my MP was just perfect (TvServer.RC2 is fast and stable). One day everything is broken and I could just cry. I'm using MP for all my multimedia needs and now can't watch TV ;(

Please tell me if trying a downgrade to 'standard' drivers (does MP full-supporting WDM??) can help and where can I find older BDA drivers to test if this will solve my problem.

The worst thing is, sometimes I can view a channel or two (using manual setup-tv control), MP just trying to make a fool of me ;)

blaudden

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    There are things with your report that does not make sense. Can you try to straigthen out some question marks..

>> Everything was fine, and now I can't tune in.

ok, you can't tune in _any_ channel now. Why do you mention highband?

>> I'm not sure, but maybe updated BDA drivers (a >week ago, but I don't remember if it caused this behavior).

You are not sure if you updated the BDA drivers a week ago?

>> I read posts with similar problems, and nothing works (see logs with different LNB settings).

>>1. I have another tuner on same cable- working fine.

You mean you have a set top box connected to a TV. Not another tuner in the same PC. Is that other set top box started at the same time? I hope not.

>> 2. ProgDvb hangs on start (was ok before), but is able to tune-in.

was ok before what? If it hangs when it start up, how can it tune at all? Tune all channels?

>> 3. MediaPortal was not updated (now updated to SVN version of Tv Server) and everything was great.

MediaPortal was not update when you had the problem, before the problem appeared or what? Nor you ahve updated and that is when the problem started. What version did you use before?

>> 4. Yes, I'm using mdplugs, but tried a clean install without with same result.

What result? Everything was great?

>> 5. I installed clean XPSP3 with latest drivers and MPRC2- same problem.

Before or after the problem appeared?

<< 6. Sometimes I can tune-in, but really don't know why! Today I managed to tune-in 2 or 3 times, but without any reason. If you need, I can try and try and send you a 'success' log.

Yes, you must submit logs of both working an non working tunes.

>> I need your help:
    >>
    >> - where can I download older versions of BDA drivers for SkyStar2

on the internet? :)

>> - do you think a new LNB can solve this problem? (have 1-year-old LNB, quite cheap)

yes, if the old one is broken. But if it works with "the tuner you have on same cable" why would it be broken?

>>- do you know other users having the same of similar problems after updating to latest BDA drivers?

Which BDA driver?

>>- can I use 'default' drivers for Skystar2? What about performance comparing to BDA? Are 'normal' SkyStar2 drivers fully supported?

What is 'default'? What is 'normal'? No WDM drivers won't work as far as I know. You must use BDA drivers of some kind, wether they are 'default' or 'normal', I don't know.

>> Thanks for your help!

Welcome! Sorry if I'm annoying! :sorry:

TIP!

Use the application that Skystar soupplies and make sure everything works fine with that.

sofian

Portal Member
    February 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi blaudden,

it's simple- I updated my BDA drivers and tvserver stopped working on hi-band channels. Now I reverted to old version and everything seems to be fine. I'll test it and maybe ask others with this problem about updating BDA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom