Unclear tv-picture!!! (1 Viewer)

martin1977dk

January 10, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Can anyone tell me what could be wrong with my MP picture on my tv! it's unclear and not sharp. The TV is 32" 50 megahertz and from SHARP. I connect with a pc to tv set, but in stead of using the scart-plug(witch would not work) I connect trough s-vhs and audio, in the front of the tv.....

Any good ideas??? Could be something with the resolution on the computer?

Kindly Regards

Martin Hansen

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Maybe a problem with SVHS; would depend on whether your 32" is LCD or CRT,

Look at the thread below:

S-Video is not limited to any particular resolution, but it just doesnt have the bandwidth to transfer high resolutions and around 800x600 is propably the best it can do without messing up completely:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-Video

Rest of that thread has some info on SVHS connection (although problem was for a 32" CRT)

Powerstrip should allow you to get the PC resolution / frequency to match your tv's if you can't do it via Windows the normal way.

tiwang

Portal Member
    December 5, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Martin - I had the same problem - the simplest way to solve this problem is if your videocard can handle both monitor out's independetly - you do not have to define the TV as a "mirror" of the PC monitor - you will not be able to configure your tv to a acceptable view if you select the same "size" for your tv as the one for you primary monitor because the TV has to be handled as a PAL output. If you have a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 or higher you can fetch the latest driver from nvidia and get an acceptable display

regards /ti

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom