Unhandled Exception on Resume RC1 (1 Viewer)

debaser_uk

Portal Pro
June 15, 2006
NE Lincs, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all MP users,

I have just downgraded my RC1 install back to 0.2.3.0 as I was having a major issue. The PC would hibernate via powerscheduler, but on resume, MP would crash with an Unhandled Exception error. There was nothing useful in the log files at all, the last entry was that media portal had just resumed. I then had to use windows task manager to kill the process. This behaviour was so consistent (it happened every time I hibernated / resumed) that I have reverted back to 0.2.3.0. Also, search TV guide wasn't working for me at all in RC1.

I'm using standalone TV (not TV server), XP Pro SP2 with all patches, updates etc. 0.2.3.0 is working perfectly for me.

Anybody else have this problem? To be honest, I'm really happy with 0.2.3.0, it does what I want it to do and it does it really really well.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    This tells us nothing, sorry if this sounds harsh its not meant to be.

Cannot understand your adversion to TVServer doing your TV input, I've tried both and think generally TVS handles standby\resume better than MP does, especially for dvb-t in the uk.

But the main thing is, if it works for you how you want it, then alls fine, but please realise support for pre MP1RC will be non existant.

debaser_uk

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2006
    NE Lincs, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

My issue was with latest RC1 not 0.2.3.0. I reverted back to stable release 0.2.3.0 because RC1 was giving me grief. I can't tell you anything about the unhandled exception, there was nothing in the log files or in the XP event logs either, it was the watchdog that reported the error. All I can say is when resuming, my windows taskbar had the Mediaportal Home in it (minimized) and it would stay that way until I killed the mediaportal.exe process using task manager. The log files told me nothing too, I just wondered if anyone else had similar issues with RC1 or just me. If it's just me then it must be an issue that is local to my PC.

johnlc

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    Horsens
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,
    The log files told me nothing too, I just wondered if anyone else had similar issues with RC1 or just me. If it's just me then it must be an issue that is local to my PC.

I just want to say that if I have the option "Restart Mediaportal on resume" I get similar crashes - I haven't gotten around to reporting this - but if anyone thinks it could be used then I will, with the logs. But there in absolutely no errors in the logs as far as I can see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom