Spain Spain
Started on: 2006-11-13
last update: 2006-12-01

Summary:
Made an unified sound oputput control.

Area:
Main core, output interfaces.

Description:
Well, trying to configure mp to use my secondary sound output show me some bad things about the desing..
Actually some card suport two ior more independent outputs, so my idea was to have mp running at my secondary display (almost done, only some small iusses) and the sound at the secondary output... but... well it cannot not be done because music and radio ones cannot not be changed from the primary directsound output to another one. Also the dvd, tv and video must be configured independently.
Maybe a general setup option for sound output could be interesting, at general section you can add the audio output option like is under the dvd, tv and video section and make that selection aplicable to all the mp.

I hope you understand my bad english... :sorry:

thanks. :D

Hyperborean

Portal Member
November 2, 2006
Brabant
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
for that you would need a .NET Framework based application, integrated in MediaPortal or not, that is capable of detecting all your audio devices and being able to output different content from mediaportal to different channels INDEPENDANTLY!

I've been having about the same issues myself, although I'm needing a multi-threaded solution for the whole MediaPortal to distribute multi-zone a/v from one machine.
My attempts of finding these kinds of things for MP haven't been succesful, yet. :)

huma2000

Portal Pro
December 1, 2006
Murcia, Spain
Home Country
Spain Spain
Um... well... I think I wanna do a more simple thing...
My sound card can act as 2 sound card (it can handle 2 diferent audio streams and send one to one speajer output and one to another), so my idea was simple:
-Use one output for MP sound, that output is conected directly to TV.
-Use the main output for windows apps.

I can do it parcially atm:
-TV, DVD and VIDEO section can be redirected to any audio device, like Defaul Directsound output, default wave output, HD audio, Frontal audio and so on...
-MUSIC, RADIO and GENERAL SOUND EFECTS FROM MP cannot be redirected to any other device instead the directsound one

So I wanted an option like the present on TV, DVD and MOVIE (it-s called audio renderer) but for every sound on MP, I think that every sound rendered by MP must be played at same device, so is not necesary to have one option for every section of the program.

I hope I explained it better than before...

Hyperborean

Portal Member
November 2, 2006
Brabant
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
yes this certainly is much clearer.

what you want MP to be able to do is what I want with 'more instances' of MP, thus running MP like 4 times simultaneously with each different sound output.

Therefore, I think your problem is certainly to solve here on MP site, since MP is multithread in executing different commands one should be able to alter those commands so that is would output to another device!

I cannot help you with this since I cannot program, but I certainly do hope that they add this great feature.

huma2000

Portal Pro
December 1, 2006
Murcia, Spain
Home Country
Spain Spain
I'm using the one that came with the asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe/Wireless Edition. An ADI 1988B 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC, Supporting Jack-Sensing, Enumeration, Multi-streaming and Jack-Retasking, Coaxial, Optical S/PDIF out on back I/O port and DTS® Connect function.
Is a very good car, the best I have try integrated on a mainboard (well, I cannot try the one that came on the asus crosshair, but it appear to be better).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom