[confirm] "Unknown" error on starting tv after suspend (1 Viewer)

kevin939

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: rc2
MediaPortal Skin: blue3 wide
Windows Version: xp - sp3 fully patched
CPU Type: intel 651
HDD: samsung 500G
Memory: 1G pc3200
Motherboard: ?
Video Card: ati hd4350
Video Card Driver: 10.3
Sound Card: realtek
Sound Card AC3: ac3 realtek
Sound Card Driver: latest
1. TV Card: hauppauge nova-t-500
1. TV Card Type: dvb-t
1. TV Card Driver: latest
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: cyberlink pd7
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: advent
Cooling: fans
Power Supply: 250W
Remote: generic mCE compatible
TV: panasonic 1080p plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: dvi to hdmi

I installed RC2 a couple of weeks ago but had problems with the powerscheduler - the client plugin didnt get installed. Eventially I reinstalled and it appeared.

I now have TV prblems following resume. I have configured it as my 1.0 version (which worked perfectly). The system restarts for recording and from the button but quite frequently the TV gets "unknown error" when I switch to tv (recordings dont happen).

I have tried various things inclduing the reinitialisation of the tvservice and a delay before detecing the tv card (which I know I need for the NOVA500). Unfortuantely nothing works but a reboot.

For the latest diagnostic once the system got into the mess I used the hauppauge s/w to play tv - perfect. I then restarted the MP TV server and fired up the MP Client - TV selection resulted in "unknown error"

any help much appreciated - logs attached

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.2.2:31456

Seems to be a firewall problem, try adding 31456 to it.

Just to confirm is this a singleseat setup.

kevin939

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    thank you very much - missed that in the logs completely.

It is a single seat set up

Couldn't find anything in my firewall logs to indicate the rejection but have now added a new zone corresponding to 192.162.2.2 with everything allowed - its the MS loopback/internal network connection which I use to remove any real network traffic. I will monitor the success of this but should at least no what to look for if it fails again

Thanks again

Kevin

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    It's one of those weird OS glitches I suspect, where the firewall just does not popup the allow\deny screen, that does seem to happen a lot in the windows firewall :(

kevin939

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for the pointer to the firewall but I am now getting a little confused by this. I use COMODO firewall and made the 192.168.2.2 a trusted zone with full access so should have no problems but problem just happened again on a restart.

As a test with the system in the "broken" state I closed MP, turned the firewall off and restarted MP and got exactly the same problem. check the MP logs but could not find any indication of the error (which log was showing the refusal?)

So I closed MP, restarted the tv service and restarted MP. Now everything goes wrong - tv blank but no errors and unable to successfully select a tv program from the guide. finger trouble? close MP and try again...TV works.

so I put the system into suspension, waited a minute and then fired it up. TV works.
    Repeated this a few times and it appears to be a timing problem. If I select TV as soon as MP shows the home screen following a resume I get theerror. Closing MP and restarting has no effect. Restarting the tv service may have an effect but right now it wont.

So I reboot the PC and do a full MP diagnostic.......and repeat the good followed by the failing sequence. Logs are attached

[the only reason I am using the Microsoft null network stuff is because I had a problem with a wireless connection and kept getting problems with the client talking to the server - even though it was on the same box]

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Controller: Timeshifting failed, lets try next available card.
    2010-05-09 17:56:54.156250 [(13)]: card: CardTune 3 ITV1 windowsms:3:-1

The above is the only thing I could find, fails to tune channel on card 2, which is the first hauppauge one in list, but the 3rd card (other tuner) connects :confused:

You do have at least a 20 second delay in detecting cards, also was there not also a problem with XPsp3 usb controller and the hauppauge T500 cards,
    remember reading something about it over at the hauppauge forums, sorry a bit rusty on XP.

kevin939

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks again for the pointer - I know this card is a bit of a ****** at times but my MP 1.0 installation which I religiously kept patched worked fine [I image the system periodically and before any major change :))

My delay on 1.0 was 15 seconds in the tvserver and I copied this to RC2 set up. I assume tv server obeys this on boot and on resume. What I see is when I start MP ASAP after a boot there is a delay during the MP client load sequence at "waiting for tv server". When MP was running prior to suspend the system loads fine on resume and MP appears (possibly after a remote key press). If I select TV ASAP there are no delays and it tends to fail. I assume that on resume from suspend the tv server is waiting the 15 seconds but what stops the client trying to access it?

ahhhhh - just noticed a new version of the T500 driver. I will install that when I get access to the tv (probably tomorrow)

kevin939

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    hi alexirion.

:D Glad someone else has the problem
    :( shame there is no obvious cause and fix

I am trying to chase this down but I now appear to have a problem with the powerscheduler. It looks like scheduled recordings are not happening. TV server wakes up but cannot tune the card. One thing after another at present.

I am checking all my updates, clearing the logs and starting again.............hopefully clear and concise logs

cheers

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    kevin

an you confirm that both tuners are working correctly, ie can you watch record different transponders at the same time.

Watch with the driver update, thats pretty certain to foobar a system unless you know how to edit the sql database, clean system no problem :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom