unreliable recordings (1 Viewer)

Chris84

Portal Pro
December 4, 2005
TV-Server Version: SVN 17523 (02-25-2008)
MediaPortal Version: SVN 17523 (02-25-2008)
MediaPortal Skin: default
Windows Version: XP SP2 MCE / XP SP2 Prof full patched
CPU Type: A64 3000+ / A64 X2 3800+
HDD: SATA
Memory: both 1GB
Motherboard: MSI K8N Neo4-F
Motherboard Chipset: Nforce4
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Geforce 5200/6600GT
Video Card Driver: actual
Sound Card: Onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: TechniSat DVB-PC TV Star
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-S Plus
2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
2. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Dscaler
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Dscaler
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra

Until last week i used MP 2.1.0 with the old webinterface. Due to the fact the old version was unable to use TV-Movie Clickfinder i now switched to TVServer and the new Webinterface, but run into trouble. My parents are using the system frequently so i'm not able to test very much.

I have a dedicated PC for doing the recordings. It has two TV Cards. After installing the TV Server i tried to use the server for recording and streaming and had a lot of problems. After connecting with a streamingclient the server seems to get confused. It tells me there is no free card, when one recording is running. When i check this in Webinterface or TV Server Config i can see one card is idle.

Most times after connecting via client the server stops to start new recordings. It simply ignores them. First i thought it would be a problem with channelmappings. So TV Server doesn't recognizes the free card would be able to get the required channel. But this theory seems to be wrong, cause after some restarts the server worked again well with both cards and multiple syncron recordings.

Then i deleted all my recordings by webinterface, again the server stopped starting recordings. (Maybe cause webinterface also deleted the destination folder?)

I now stopped using any client and created a dummy file to stop webinterface from deleting the folder. Now it seems to work. He started the required recording. I then added a recording with a starttime in the past. (entered @ 20:05, offical start @ 20:00, start of recording @ 19:55 ) the server simply ignored it. A earlier entered job that should start @ 20:10 started as required.

I'm very confused about all this.

There seems to be some problems.

Maybe i'm able to do some additional tests next weekend.

Hope anyone has a idea, but i'm afraid there are to many unknown variables to solve my problem.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    When this happens collect all logs with MPTesTool & attach them to your post.
    To me it seems that channels are not mapped to both cards (TV Setup -> TV Channels -> TV Mapping -> check in drop down menu that all channels are mapped to both cards).
    If you can decrypt(if you use that) more then one channel/card you set that in TV Setup -> TV Servers -> Your server name -> Select the card & set correct cam limit.

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom