Unscramble DVB-T channels... (1 Viewer)

ojmyster

Portal Member
December 2, 2005
HI,
I'm in the UK. I've got a Hauppauge HVT-1100 and I'm running the latest version of MediaPortal (Downloaded today :) ). This is my first experience of Freeview (UK DVB-T) so I have not hear of Scrambled channels before. I was wondering if there was any way of unscrambing the channels so I can watch them.
Can anyone tell me more?

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    In short... NO it would be Illegal to do so unless you had a TV Card that can take a topup tv card with a valid subscription.

All the scrambled channels are related to topup TV

HTH's

Steve

ojmyster

Portal Member
    December 2, 2005
    Also... so is that to say that its Impossible or that you just don't approve? Also... there is a thin white slot on my card WinTV HVT-1100 about an inch long? That anything to do with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The TBS 6281 DVB T/T2 is a dual tuner without CAM capability it should work on both DVBT and DVBT2 as it seems it did in WMC according to the OP. I do not see why it should not work with MP, I am using its successor the TBS 6281-SE which works well with both MP1 and MP2 but I only have OTA DVBT2, no DVBT any more. Which version of MP...
    The TBS 6281 DVB T/T2 is a dual tuner without CAM capability it should work on both DVBT and DVBT2 as it seems it did in WMC...
    I am trying to set up the latest version of Mediaportal 2 using Windows 10 Home I have a TBS 6281 DVB T/T2 card with the latest...
    Replies
    Views
    The broadcast EPG for DVB-T in the UK has the capability to flag programmes that are interrupted partway through (e.g. by a short news bulletin), and DVRs with appropriate code can use this information to record both parts when you schedule the first part to record. I had always assumed that this capability was not implemented in "TV...
    The broadcast EPG for DVB-T in the UK has the capability to flag programmes that are interrupted partway through (e.g. by a short...
    The broadcast EPG for DVB-T in the UK has the capability to flag programmes that are interrupted partway through (e.g. by a short...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi Guys, A long time since I last posted. I have just changed over to MP2 after using MP1 since 2008 and on tuning the Terrestrial TV channels I could only get about half the current number of channels from my transmitter, Winter Hill. So I checked on the forum and found the latest Tuning Parameters .XML file (here), and copied and...
    Hi Guys, A long time since I last posted. I have just changed over to MP2 after using MP1 since 2008 and on tuning the Terrestrial...
    Hi Guys, A long time since I last posted. I have just changed over to MP2 after using MP1 since 2008 and on tuning the Terrestrial...
    Replies
    Views
    I live in the UK and have never used an internet EPG with MP. Hence I have never used "Schedules Direct", so the following is all second-hand or third-hand knowledge... There is a "TV Server" plugin for "Schedules Direct". Is this the plugin you installed, or are you referring to something provided by "Schedules Direct"? The...
    I live in the UK and have never used an internet EPG with MP. Hence I have never used "Schedules Direct", so the following is all...
    I live in the US and get my TV from over the air ATSC. Originally I believe I got my guide data from WebEPG, but that stopped...
    Replies
    Views
    I completely uninstalled MP1 and installed MP2. Audio is now good. I'm relieved, and I suppose a little glad to have been forced to make the switch, because I'm already liking MP2 more. But still, the original problem remains a frustrating mystery.
    I completely uninstalled MP1 and installed MP2. Audio is now good. I'm relieved, and I suppose a little glad to have been forced...
    I am running 1.29 Pre-release on Windows 10 Pro. I use MP only to watch TV through my Hauppauge tuner card. I am suddenly getting...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom