Unsmooth pPlayback of certain mkv's, audio and video (1 Viewer)

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
Hello all,

I have noticed recently that my copy of Lost season 1 and season 3, a blu ray rip, has unsmooth video, for a few seconds it will play fine then speed up and go back to regular speed, unnoticeable at first but definitely there (feels like your eyes are playing tricks on you)...Season 3 has audio issues in that it stutters a lot. Season 1 seems fine. I have season 4 blu ray rip of lost and that seems to play just fine, but it has Dolby Digital for audio...

For awhile I had assumed that it may be the rips of season 1 and 3 that have problems, but then I took a look at my DTS movies and notice the unsmoothness there aswell...

I have also tested this in both windows 7 and vista. I have set the audio decoder from MPC to AC3 filter and still get the same result.

One thing that I have done that is a temporary fix is I went into mp config, direct show filter control, MPC-MPA Decoder Filter and set the DTS decoder settings from SPDIF to Decode to speakers 3+2...This fixed the audio stuttering that I was experiencing in season 3 of lost but isn't really DTS, and also it seems to have fixed the unsmooth play back...however I am missing real DTS decoding...

Sorry for the long post just thought I would explain everything I have tried and observed.

Thank you

TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: Streamed MP
Windows Version: Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit Service Pack 1
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz
HDD: Western Digital 640 GB
Memory: 4 Gigs G. Skill
Motherboard: Asus P5K Pro
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 4550 (Passively cooled)
Video Card Driver: 9.5
Sound Card: intergrated motherboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: ATI Digital Cable Tuner
1. TV Card Type: cable card
1. TV Card Driver: 1.17
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type: