Unsuported fix(mp1.1) no stop mce services (1 Viewer)

iosub

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
San Sebastian
Hi
THIS IS UNSUPORTED BY MEDIAPORAL TEAM

if you have any think to report about this patches, here is the place, if you have any problem to report, ALWAYS remove this patch and check if the problem exist and the report to regular places.

================================================
================================
Some users has ask me to add the dll for MP1.1, Here we go

Instructions:
FIRST UPDATE TO MP 1.1

Check that everything works
Then:

Copy Utils.dll
Steps:
1.- MADE A BACKUP OF c:\program Files\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal\utils.dll
2.- Copy the attached utils.dll to c:\program Files\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal

Modify Mediaportal.xml
Steps:
1.- MAKE A BACKUP OF "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Mediaportal.xml", this is on Vista, XP goto to Documents and settings
2.- Open with NotePad, "Mediaportal.xml" that is vista is on "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal"
3.- add this lines just after <profile>
<section name="MCEServices">
<entry name="StopMceServices">no</entry>
</section>

So the begging of mediaportal.xml looks like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<profile>
<section name="MCEServices">
<entry name="StopMceServices">no</entry>
</section>

Thats all, Hope this helps!

Iosu
==================================================================

This patch includes:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...smart-stretching-4-3-16-9-a-30446/#post198261

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/pre-1-0-rc1-273/can-not-play-dvr-ms-files-30879/#post201662

And also does not stops the MCE services, if you need the mce services to be stoped do it your seft, "go to services and disable mce services"

Is a good idea to make a copy of original files

Iosu

Update New Build 18951 SVN , (I have remove my added logs)
Update with SVN an then may a copy of the files
SVN2 Update..

Also if you need Tvserver Update with an option not to stop MCE services I have also, Just ask
IMPORTAN NOTE: if you have vista, and when you start MP it lost the focus, and you have to click with the mouse on MP for the remote to start working or you see the taskbar, my last patch also fix this problem..
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/262496-post9.html

Build19127-sv4, all the previous fixed and also https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/8-sec-delay-directsound-39502/#post264802
AnotherPatch.. for https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/263826-post1.html
Build19127-SV5.zip is cumulative has all fixed included
I have remove old versions, if you want them just ask for them

Build19531 with Gibman Fixed included
Build20288 Last Build, ATTENTION!!It includes more that core.dll (also Mediaportal.exe, configuration.exe and ultil.dll in case you also what the MCE nonStop option)

Attachments

• NoStopMCEForMP11.zip
    30.6 KB

TheMerovingian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2004
    Kaufbaire
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thank you very much für the smart stretching update!!!
    unfortunately I can see the vertical lines again, which were gone in 0.2.3.0 when choosing PowerDVD decoder.
    This does not help here :(

Or do I have to replace more than just the core.dll to have this smart stretching really working?

WalkmanAA

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Or do I have to replace more than just the core.dll to have this smart stretching really working?
    You have to replace core.dll along with the other 6 or 7 other files like configuration.exe that are in the zip. Works great for me with videos and TV using ffdshow and nvidia decoder. Having a pre-edited language file to say "Smart" was a nice touch. Nice work iosub. I really hope this can get into the official MP.

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    Hi iosub,

could you please upload the source files to sourceforge patch tracker, which is used by us. SourceForge.net: Patches
    So a developer can have a look at it, and when it is okay it will go into official mp.

thx & regards
    chefkoch

Hi!
    bouth are there but are old version..
    1900031 can not play DVR-MS files
    1752266 New zoom mode

What should I do? Upload newones?

Iosu

evergreen97

Portal Member
    April 24, 2008
    Home Country
    iosub - Per your suggestion in "Playing DVR-MS files" thread I installed this patch to V1.0.0.0 RC1 by copying over the 5 files in the patch zip to my MediaPortal program folder and overwriting the older files (copied the old ones to archive folder so I could revert if required).

I now am able to:
    Play NTSC content
    Play ATSC SD content

I am NOT able to:
    Play ATSC HD content

And I have these remaining problems with NTSC and ATSC SD playback:
    Cannot see MediaPortal playback controls on screen when pause, ff, rw, skip, etc for all dvr-ms content (but works fine for network playback of dvd's or wmv's)
    Very unreliable playback controls and some solid system hangups

All content has been previously recorded on my MCE 2005 RU2 machine and being accessed by MediaPortal over 100mbps wired LAN

If helpful, logs demonstrating error for ATSC HD playback are attached.

:D

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi iosub,

could you please upload the source files to sourceforge patch tracker, which is used by us. SourceForge.net: Patches
    So a developer can have a look at it, and when it is okay it will go into official mp.

thx & regards
    chefkoch

Hi!
    bouth are there but are old version..
    1900031 can not play DVR-MS files
    1752266 New zoom mode

What should I do? Upload newones?

Iosu
    if the same files are already in, you don't need to upload new ones. If already done, np. I will try to get the focus of an debeloper on these patches, but they will only be implemented if they are bugfixes. And hopefully the changes aren't too big, which could cause new problems.

That's why it is also possible that the patches won't be implemented. We want to keep MP as stable as possible.

Anyways, :D for your efforts
    regards
    chefkoch

evergreen97

Portal Member
    April 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Thank you chefkoch and iosub. I'm new to MediaPortal and was very impressed with the breadth and depth of features it implements above and beyond MCE 2005 and would love to make this my primary media center capability. Consuming content already recorded on my MCE 2005 machine is a must have for me and the family :) . I would be happy to provide anything regarding my setup or errors if they will help - just let me know.

evergreen97

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom