[no Bug] upcoming programme alert not available. (1 Viewer)

munklefish

Portal Pro
July 19, 2006
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0beta
MediaPortal Skin: streamedmp
Windows Version: 7 64bit
CPU Type: amd phenomII x6
HDD: 40gb ssd
Memory: 4gb
Motherboard: asustek
Video Card: onboard
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: cinergy s2
1. TV Card Type: dvbs2
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: pinnacle
2. TV Card Type: dvb-t
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: freesat
HTPC Case: thermaltake mozart
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: gitech dinovo mini
TV: toshiba
TV - HTPC Connection: hdmi

In previous version it was possible toselect a future programme and go to the menu on the right, then select to record the programme or be alerted when the programme is due to start. For some reason the 1.2.0 beta doesnt give me the option to be alert when the prog is due to start. Is this supposed to be the case ?

If not, then i would really appreciate some help on getting this feature back.

Thanks.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No idea what you mean by menu on the right?

The wording has changed slightly for 1.2. To be alerted when a program is about to start select the "Set Reminder" (or local string version of this) from the context menu (f9 or i on remote).

Edit: ahhh you are talking about being able to set a notification from the upcoming episodes screen? yes this has been removed and is now via the context menu in the guide. The logic behind this is that the program info screen contains lots of episodes and it gets a little messy to figure out what you are setting a notification on. By setting from the guide it should be clear

munklefish

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2006
    Yep, thats the one.

Thanks for the info jamesson.

Little changes like that whilst good might throw people. It also puts a bit more reliance on the use of a keyboard.

Im using a dinovo mini keyboard and neither of the buttons you suggested work. However right clicking on the episode did.

Is there a guide anywhere which shows the various keyboard mappings? - I know a few people use the keyboard, so it would be good to get it mapped properly. Who knows what great features / shortcuts i might be missing out on.

Thanks.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Little changes like that whilst good might throw people.
    Indeed but that screen it was on was not actually clear what you were setting a reminder on and you can actually set a reminder for something other than intended.
    It also puts a bit more reliance on the use of a keyboard
    ? Most of MP relies on the context menus and this is handled easily using a remote. You can not set a reminder directly in the guide rather than going into that other window. F9 is the standard mapping to bring on the context menu. If this does not bring up the context menu when you are in the guide and have a program highlighted then that is odd and you need to check your keyboard mappings

Is there a guide anywhere which shows the various keyboard mappings? - I know a few people use the keyboard, so it would be good to get it mapped properly. Who knows what great features / shortcuts i might be missing out on.
    In config there is a page which lists the ones setup(Keyboard Default Shortcuts * - MediaPortal Wiki). You can however map many more and customise things how you like (Keys and Sounds * - MediaPortal Wiki)

munklefish

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2006
    The dinovo is a reduced size keyboard so it has some odd mappings of its own.

Thanks for the links, ill take a look and set things up properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom