update from 0.1.3.0 to 0.2.0 RC1... why?:?: (1 Viewer)

thomas.wiktor

Portal Pro
October 30, 2005
is there any meaning to update to 0.2. RC1
is there a big diferens?

If i decide to update, is there any way for me to retain my old configurations :?: :?: :?:

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    0200RC1 is exactly that, a Release Candidate, so its not for users. People have problems with the tv portion and its in general a little buggy. If you want to play with it thats fine, but for relying on stick with 0130+26/8cvs

If i decide to update, is there any way for me to retain my old configurations

Answered this question before, so search should find it.

thomas.wiktor

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2005
    Callifo said:
    If you want to play with it thats fine, but for relying on stick with 0130+26/8cvs
    Where do i find 26/8cvs?
    26/8 is that the date of the cvs?
    what about the new ones?
    Do i change my settings when i instal it?

Answered this question before, so search should find it.
    I cant find it, can you pleas help me find it :(

ps.
    sorry for the stupid questions, byt im new at this... :?: :idea:

thomas.wiktor

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2005
    I added the new CVS to 0.1.3 but I have still some isues :!:

Why is there no new CVS to 0.1.3, just for 0.2.0 :?:
    0.2.0 is just a test version...

80sman

Portal Pro
    August 1, 2005
    UK
    0.2.0 is the development version.

0.1.3 is no longer developed, the technology wihin it was fairly stable, but the software base for some of the components was out of date with no way of correcting it without re-writing it from scratch.

Hence

0.1.3 was left as stable as it could be and a new version was started to be advanced with new capabilities......

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

@Andy_2639 : I regret to say that I don't think that this problem will be fixed. :( As the years pass, the number of active members of the MP team steadily decreases, and as far as I know, there is no one in the current team who knows much about either SQL or TV Server. The problem will remain unfixed until someone who knows SQL...
    @Andy_2639 : I regret to say that I don't think that this problem will be fixed. :( As the years pass, the number of active...
    I updated my MySQL server from 8.0.28 to 8.0.29 and now the tvservice crashes on start. The attached log doesn't give me a clue...
    Replies
    Views
    Well that would make sense :) But I’m using mosaic. I should have disabled anything related to MePo 1, TV Service is stopped. I also found this setting: Automatic Maintenance, It was scheduled for 02:00 and wake up the PC I have disabled this now. So lets see.
    Well that would make sense :) But I’m using mosaic. I should have disabled anything related to MePo 1, TV Service is stopped. I...
    Is there a way to see what caused the start of the PC running Mepo? Is there also a way to see what stopped it for going into...
    Replies
    Views
    I was able to get everything working using mc2xml and xmltv. I still use SchedulesDirect as a source, but have turned off the Schedules Direct plugin.
    I was able to get everything working using mc2xml and xmltv. I still use SchedulesDirect as a source, but have turned off the...
    I don't know if anyone is still supporting SchedulesDirect at this point, but I'm about to toss my HTPC in the garbage because I...
    Replies
    Views
    You could try using the UNC paths for the timeshift and record folders. On the client machine go to MediaPortal configuration - TV/Radio - Advanced Options tick the UNC paths tick box and put the network paths for timeshift and record folders in the appropriate lines and click OK.
    You could try using the UNC paths for the timeshift and record folders. On the client machine go to MediaPortal configuration -...
    I am not new to MediaPortal, but this is the first time I have set up a client on a PC other than the PC with the TV Server. I...
    Replies
    Views
    thank you very much for your quick response. Obviously 1.30 seems to support wifiRemote and mpextented so I can continue to use MPiviewer for ipad and that's what was important to me. it's nice to have taken the time for my problem which will undoubtedly be useful to others as well.
    thank you very much for your quick response. Obviously 1.30 seems to support wifiRemote and mpextented so I can continue to use...
    Hello, I am trying to reinstall mediaportal 1.16 but I get an error message "no internet connection found! to continue the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom