Update from RC1 to RC2 ? (1 Viewer)

Wolfseye

July 7, 2008
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
Just a stupid question from someone only a few weeks with MP. ;)

Can I just install RC2 and it updates from my previous RC1 or do I have to deinstall the other one first ?

Thanks in advance.

Wolfseye

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi!

I think it uninstalls old version before it can start to install rc2 but if you look at the release note you should probably unistall manually because of a bug in the unistallation process: MEDIAPORTAL - free MediaCenter HTPC Software - MediaPortal / TV-Server 1.0 RC2 released!

It says this:
    During our tests we had noticed that in some cases the uninstallation of a running TV-Server might fail. We will try to fix that for the RC3 release.
    To avoid issues we recommend that you manually uninstall MediaPortal and/or the TV-Server before you launch the RC2 installer.

//johnzered

Mart

Portal Member
    July 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have an additional question to 'upgrading': Is is possible to keep the recorded programs in the appropriate list in the MediaPortal app (TV > Recordings)? And will my scheduled recordings still be in the DB, or do I have to reschedule?

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    If you copy your recordings from the recording directory to a safe place (safe meaning a folder not related to mediaportal) then you can uninstall mp and then install the new version and then copy back your recordings to mp's recording folder and then go into tv-server configuration/recording settings/database import and then your're recently added files to the recording directory can be imported and after that they will show up in recorded tv. About the scheduled recordings I don't know.

//johnzered

Mart

Portal Member
    July 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you copy your recordings from the recording directory to a safe place (safe meaning a folder not related to mediaportal) then you can uninstall mp and then install the new version and then copy back your recordings to mp's recording folder and then go into tv-server configuration/recording settings/database import and then your're recently added files to the recording directory can be imported and after that they will show up in recorded tv. About the scheduled recordings I don't know.

//johnzered

Thanks for the tip! Rescheduling is not a big issue, but finding recordings is, so :D

Users who are viewing this thread