Update Video database within MediaPortal? (1 Viewer)

Cornice Jump

Portal Member
January 30, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
One thing I have always had an issue with is the fact that you have to exit mediaportal and start the separate configuration program to make changes to settings and to update and edit the video database.

It would be so nice and more of a set-top-box experience if you could adjust these things from within mediaportal, especially the video database (and presumably the music as well).

Thanks

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If you use moving pictures plugin when you add video files they will be added if a match is found and all the artwork will be downloaded automatically.

Cornice Jump

Portal Member
    January 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm in the process of trying that now. Yes, it is automatic and they seem to appear. No way to edit them (if their wrong) from within Mediaportal though?

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    No but you can make sure its right. If you have your video in a folder then you can also put a .TXT file or .NFO file in the folder with the IMDB # and it will use that to match online, as long as the options "Enable NFO Scanner" and "Auto-Approve on NFO File IMDB Match" are checked in the Movingpictures Configuration.

What I did when I first started was to scan all the movies in and then go make sure they had the right match and if not rename or manually choose the correct movie. After you have all your videos matched right then you can use this https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/app-copy-artwork-details-movie-folder-71649/ to copy all the artwork to your movie folder and copy a .NFO file with the proper information. This is nice for any future rescans so you will never have to worry about movies not being matched again.

If you have your movies just all in 1 folder I will attach a .bat file that you can place in the folder with all your movies and it will place them all in there own folder once ran.

This is how I do mine and currently I have over 900 movies and 3 clients and when I have to rescan for some reason I can just start the scan and leave and come back and it will be done without me having to manually choose a match.

Attachments

• creatfolder.rar
      152 bytes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom