Updated Greek WebEPG grabber (1 Viewer)

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Recently the site used by the only Greek epg grabber (www.in.gr) has changed it's layout and the grabber has stopped working. Here is an updated grabber.

Edit: Changed availableDays="4" as suggested by kstam.

Attachments

• www_in_gr.xml
      30.6 KB

kstam

Portal Member
    May 30, 2008
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Thanks Arion.
    I had done the same job last week and was thinking to upload it.
    One note is that availableDays="7" is actually 4 for that site... but it is not a problem.
    One question though.. I noticed you included all of the channels of in.gr I was thinking of soing it also but I thought it is nessecary to include them in the other file (I don't remember the name I think is channels.xml) where all the channels from all the grabbers are gathered. And so tha would mean we have to submite it to be merged and be available for everybody. For you the new channels work without changing that "other" file?
    And a suggestion: I think it would be good to make grabbers also for the pathfinder and nova site for the cases one braks people would have alternatives and also maybe there are tv listing of channels not existing in in.gr e. Makedonia TV exists in one of them. When I have time I will try to make them and upload them here.

bye

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    1. You are right about availableDays.
    2. Channels.xml needs to be updated for "automap" feature to work, but even without it the new channels will be available for selection in WebEPG config. Channels.xml is hard to maintain and I hope in a future version to replace it and come up with something more manageable and that will probably include online updates of grabbers just like it is done with movie grabbers.
    3. There is already a grabber for pathfinder.gr. In fact this is the one I am using, and that is why I didn't notice in.gr stopped working. You can find it here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-296/alternative-webepg-grabber-greece-57684/. The final working grabber is posted a few posts down. It has not been included in SVN because pathfinder servers have a bug and do not handle the EXPECT http header correctly so the grabber requires a workaround to make it work (see first post of above thread, also if using 1.1.0 beta or later see also post #12). I haven't tried making a grabber for nova.gr, maybe it is time to do it :p.

What bothers me is that there is no way to have alternative grabbers be tried automatically if the primary fails - it has to be done manually, and this is not going to change any time soon.:(

Users who are viewing this thread